• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXTREME CAR DETAILING VIDEO...PAUL DALTON

His online video: http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04...rDetailing.htm
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Must've missed that episode, but great to see paul working his magic.

Comment

Hes just done a koeniggsegg and a vxr ....

Let you see this weekend!!! :wink:
      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

hi marc.
        how come paul washes the wheels after the car?
        i thought it was better the other way around so you dont splash the clean body work.
        i know its not,but it does look like a sponge he`s using

Comment

Leepy Paul is a believer like me that a mitt collects grit and dirt and that it holds it and at some stage can come out when washing car and scratch....

With a zymol (not ordinary) sponge they are formulated silicone free and are textured differently so do not scratch plus if you use 2 bucket method you can see whats on sponge before applying to car...you cannot on a mitt...

I actually used a knit comb on my mitt and the cr*p that came out of it was horrendous!!

I now use natural sea sponge as this is incredibly soft even compared to zymol sponge.....

I had 10 wash mitts which i have now binned!!!

Paul probably washes wheels at the end and then sprays car off as i do!!

simply personal preference but the way i look at it is if you do wheels first and then rest of car all dirt will drop to lowest point and may collect in nut crevices etc so the last point to clean is the lowest point...

My personal method is wheels first and then last aswell but i will ask paul for confirmation!! :wink:

Others may agree or disagree but its what works best for you!!
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

paul talks about a citrus degreaser for the lower half.is that likely to be friendly to your wax?

hows it going with the old swirlys?
            im still inflicting sodding scratchs with my 4 bucket method

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
              paul talks about a citrus degreaser for the lower half.is that likely to be friendly to your wax?

hows it going with the old swirlys?
              im still inflicting sodding scratchs with my 4 bucket method
              citrus degreaser is another alternative to tfr (traffic film remover)

It is totally carnauba friendly hence he uses it.....

You have to remember that Paul details Bugattis, ferraris, spykers etc so everything he uses goes through a strict 6 month test before he uses them....

The car is washed everyday without fail regardless of what time i get in...

Now that can mean a 2 hour full wash or a 20 minute foam bath and karcher off and r.o without drying as no need with r.o.

But yes would agree that the paintwork is fragile but so far with multi layers of wax no problems so far especially with stone chips!!!!
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i have not really explored wax yet.can a couple of layers of wax help prevent swirls?

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                  i have not really explored wax yet.can a couple of layers of wax help prevent swirls?
                  Lets put it this way..

Afew layers of wax will definetly help with stone chipping as it forms a barrier and..

yes but not in the true sense.....

carnauba based waxes will fill the scratches hence covering them up and the surface of the paintwork will look less swirled but a sealent like megs next gen or any other will enhance swirls and not hide them....

This is why i like the traditional carnauba route over newer polymer based sealents.....

Personnal choice....

read here

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=3118
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

If you wash it daily don't you have to wax it more to stop the clearcoat from being worn away by the constant washing
                    sigpic
                    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                    Click Here to.................
                    See My Wheels
                    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdilly
                      If you wash it daily don't you have to wax it more to stop the clearcoat from being worn away by the constant washing
                      The wax protects the clearcoat and the dirt doesnt stick.....FACT :wink:
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                      X