This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Cleaner

Thought I'd tried everything until today when I got some alloy wheel cleaner called Wonder Wheels...........fantastic!
    You get a brush to apply it because its that harful to skin and I should know, I still managed to splash myself and burn it did

Brushed on, left for a minute and hosed off........leaving them immaculate!!!!!!!!

I even brushed the stuff on the calipers with same results!

WHAT DO YOU USE OR RECOMMEND

Cheers,
    Clint

Re: Wheel Cleaner

Originally posted by MR F Quick
    Wonder Wheels...........fantastic!
    i agree, its the best stuff i know of!

Comment

soapy water and polish / wax meg's that is.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Wonder Wheels is a very acidic cleaner, yes it will do a good job but also damages laquer on wheels if used regularly.

Try Megs APC diluted 2:1 it's non corrosive and does a very good job

Comment

Re: Wheel Cleaner

Originally posted by MR F Quick
          Thought I'd tried everything until today when I got some alloy wheel cleaner called Wonder Wheels...........fantastic!
          You get a brush to apply it because its that harful to skin and I should know, I still managed to splash myself and burn it did

Brushed on, left for a minute and hosed off........leaving them immaculate!!!!!!!!

I even brushed the stuff on the calipers with same results!

WHAT DO YOU USE OR RECOMMEND

Cheers,
          Clint
          i bought some from halfords yesterday. im plannig on using only a once every couple of months if that. good stuff though!

Comment

yeh i bought some megs wheel cleaner spray it on then just wash it off then put a bit of polish on and clean then been putting wax on as well just to see if it will keep the cr*p off a bit longer , need to get em off though and do inside
            sigpic
            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
            M.U.F.C.
            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Totally agree with robbie...
              Wonder wheels is fine on badly pitted wheels but any chips in the laquer and it will eat in and end up with milky look........
              I also use megs apc diluted 1:2 or 1:4 if wheels kept clean....
              Try coating wheels in wheelguard or similar and shouldnt need more than a rinse and quick clean without acidic formulas

Wheel guard
              http://65.61.142.45/product_p/whegrd.htm

Megs apc
              http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...ProductID=9871
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I've been using a product called MC2 on the Golf for the last 5 years and been really happy with it. Although this is the brand name by Swissol, the same product is available much cheaper and is called Virosol.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                  Totally agree with robbie...
                  Wonder wheels is fine on badly pitted wheels but any chips in the laquer and it will eat in and end up with milky look........
                  I also use megs apc diluted 1:2 or 1:4 if wheels kept clean....
                  Try coating wheels in wheelguard or similar and shouldnt need more than a rinse and quick clean without acidic formulas

Wheel guard
                  http://65.61.142.45/product_p/whegrd.htm

Megs apc
                  http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...ProductID=9871
                  Is this correct as it says its for interiors, will it be good for cleaning the alloys.

Comment

Totally.................

Most people use it diluted 4 to 1 because if its kind to your interior it has the properties to do your wheels without attacking them....

I use it all the time as do most people!!!!!

Dont forget to get the matching bottle and foaming spray head with dilution rates printed on!!!!
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc

Dont forget to get the matching bottle and foaming spray head with dilution rates printed on!!!!
                      Sorry Marc what does this mean (dummys explanation please)

Just used water today as its only a day old. Used some meguiars nxt all metal polish on my alloys today after i washed em and they look real nice and shiny.

Comment

1 LITRE BOTTLE COMES WITH SEPERATE SPRAY HEAD WHICH FOAMS THE APC UP SO IT WILL FOAM ON WHEELS

THE BOTTLE HAS A MEASUREMENT ON THE SIDE TO SHOW WHERE TO FILL WATER AND FILL APC TO......

HPE THAT HELPS... :wink:
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                        X