This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purified water

where i work we have a water purifying machine for using in window cleaning. would this water be any good to wash or rinse my car with, or no point?? was thinking of rinsing off each day or 2 and clean once a week because the water beads off pretty well anyway. i asked and was told that the water is charged in a certain way so that it "clings" to the dirt particles and then just needs to be rinsed off. is this right?

seeing marcs fancy setup in his garage he will probably know the answer to this

Hmmmm?

Purified im presuming you mean filtered in stages so that there are no contaminants like limescale , chalk , phosphates etc ....These are the things that will leave water spotting on a car and also windows so would recon that this is the case...

The only way to test would be to test with a tds meter which i have and the reading should come out at zero ppm (parts per million.)

I would say that as long as no additives have been added to the water then it would be ideal to use on car and you will not even have to dry if you have no time as it will not spot!!

Basically i know i am fussy with water but after weeks you will find that your windscreen will have what you can probably feel as a roughness which will be contaminants bonding to the glass and this is just from tap water and can be clayed off...........

The positives of an r.o system if you have a garage are sooooo beneficial for car per cost it is definetly worth installing one....

If you dont you can always buy an aquagleam filter which can be attached to a tap and will filter water to zero ppm but at a cost......
    An aquagleam filter will last i believe (dont quote me) between 12 and 20 uses before bining the filter.......R.o setup is a new filter every 6 months or so at a cost of £12.........No brainer me thinks....

Aquagleam : http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...roductID=10004

R.o system basic : http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_i...ca01e3ae69c8ed

If you want help or advise on ro systems or setting one up pm me no probs.....This is the most important part of my detailing setup!!!
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Re: purified water

Originally posted by James
      where i work we have a water purifying machine for using in window cleaning. would this water be any good to wash or rinse my car with, or no point?? was thinking of rinsing off each day or 2 and clean once a week because the water beads off pretty well anyway. i asked and was told that the water is charged in a certain way so that it "clings" to the dirt particles and then just needs to be rinsed off. is this right?

seeing marcs fancy setup in his garage he will probably know the answer to this
      This isnt the Merlin system is it out of interest?

Am now looking at one for garage as it produces 900 and upto 2000 gallons a day which equates to 1.9 litres per minute!!!!

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/ge...er-filters.asp
      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I know you will all think I am a bit biased but its the Gods honest.... I wash mine and the wifes car every week. I then have mates that come over and we wash, polish etc there ones too.

I have been using the same Aquagleam since last April and the water after the rinse is still just falling/evaporating off... Its lasted a lot more than 20 goes!

I use mine with a short piece of hose and then put it in a watering can and pour it over the car, it takes about 3 watering can fulls to rinse my whole car.

HTH

Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyopolis
          I know you will all think I am a bit biased but its the Gods honest.... I wash mine and the wifes car every week. I then have mates that come over and we wash, polish etc there ones too.

I have been using the same Aquagleam since last April and the water after the rinse is still just falling/evaporating off... Its lasted a lot more than 20 goes!

I use mine with a short piece of hose and then put it in a watering can and pour it over the car, it takes about 3 watering can fulls to rinse my whole car.

HTH

Johnny
          I think for most people this would be a good solution johnny!!
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

just had a new system finished being installed and i am told that it produces RO water. it has a 2600 gallon tank and can fill in 24hrs!! will have to try it out soon and let you know what i think.

Comment

Originally posted by James
              just had a new system finished being installed and i am told that it produces RO water. it has a 2600 gallon tank and can fill in 24hrs!! will have to try it out soon and let you know what i think.
              James that sounds about right to me...

Top end ro systems produce 2 to 4000 gallons a day as they are pressure fed and normally have tds or ppm readers built in to check the water quality......

If it has a polishing unit built in then it will give a zero ppm reading ...

Evian reads 3 and volvic zero at last check :wink:
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
              X