This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay mitts

Anyone tried these clay mitts? i bought a farecla one from halfords it was expensive but speeds up the process. still not convinced there better than a proper clay bar you can tell when clay is dirty and its lifts more.

iv got a autosmart one im yet to use

heard there good
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Used the farcela mitt the other week was very good

Comment

Very impressed with mine, so much easier than using a clay bar. I used it on a 59 reg Swift that's never been clayed before and it came up as smooth as glass.

Comment

Been using clay cloths for around 12-18 months now and have never looked back.

So much quicker and easier they claying and just feels better. Not sure on the ins and outs of which works better but the clay cloth has always left the paint feeling smooth and ready for polishing and I personally cant tell much difference.

Only use proper clay now for wheels when decontaminating and sorting my wheels off the car. Although am considering a cheap farcela Halfords clay mitt for the wheel barrels to speed the whole wheel deep clean process up and just traditional clay the spokes
          sigpic
          Now Driving Facelift Audi A1 S Line in Daytona Grey

Comment

when you say clay cloths, what are they? ive never clayed before due to people telling me it will leaving marring? which you will have to machine polish out? I don't have a polisher. so I have never bothered.
            ARDEN BLUE ASTRA H VXR
            19's - PIPER TURBO BACK NON RES
            CARBON FLASH BLACK ASTRA J VXR
            AERO PACK - PARKING SENSORS - AFL'S - NAVI - LEATHER PACK - INFINITY SOUND - DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL - TINTED WINDOWS - ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS

Comment

A clay clay cloth is a cloth or mitt with a sticky surface on one side usually a rubber polymer. It acts like detailing clay when you wet the surface and glide the cloth over an area of bodywork any contaminants that are bonded to the surface tar,bugs,road grime etc. stick to the surface of the cloth and are removed leaving a nice smooth surface ready for polishing and waxing. You will generally only cause marring if the surface isn't properly washed beforehand, the area isn't lubricated enough or the cloth isn't kept clean. Its important to the keep the surface wet and have a bucket of warm soapy water or even just water to hand to rinse the cloth in after each pass. You shouldn't need a machine polisher as long as you're careful the goal is to prepare the surface so its perfectly smooth and clean before you polish and wax.

Comment

what I would say is its been proven that cloths/ mitts marr or can cause marring a lot more then traditional clay.

Although your never going to clay the car without causing a little marring. Its almost impossible
                sigpic
                Now Driving Facelift Audi A1 S Line in Daytona Grey

Comment

Yeah i suppose you're right but unless your going mad at it i don't think you would even notice

Comment

ive used the farecla g3 clay mitt, its good but I use to the clay bar and quick detailer.

the only thing I don't like about the mitts is you don't know how clean they are after each wash/rinse and if your moving the dirt onto other parts of the body. it could add scratches but that's just my own personal problem with it but works very well
                    Last edited by Robvxr86; 29 October 2015, 02:54 PM.
                    2005 Astra VXR
                    2004 Combo van
                    www.rkhawkins.co.uk - Mobile valeting and detailing
                    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rkhawkinsautodetailing/ Intagram - https://www.instagram.com/rkhawkins_auto_detailing/

Comment

yeah i agree thats what i mean you cant even see the dirt on it with clay you can fold the dirty part in until there are no clean parts left

Comment

With any claying task lubrication is your friend even it seems you're going over the top. I'm currently using OCD Finish Slither, smells great and is easy to work with.
                        Detailing Accessories for the Detailing Enthusiast
                        www.wo-wo.co.uk

Comment

would you recommend a lubricant over water? because i usually just keep the hose handy so its always really wet.

Comment

not really but can depend on what brand of clay your using, i have heard some clay works better with water then QD/lube and vise versa. But i haven't come across this. I use water most of the time (its cheaper then QD/lube)
                            2005 Astra VXR
                            2004 Combo van
                            www.rkhawkins.co.uk - Mobile valeting and detailing
                            Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rkhawkinsautodetailing/ Intagram - https://www.instagram.com/rkhawkins_auto_detailing/

Comment

Originally posted by leomaule View Post
                              would you recommend a lubricant over water? because i usually just keep the hose handy so its always really wet.
                              Due to forum rules I have to be careful when recommending our brand but please take a look at out clay as it is 100% water friendly. Personally I always have a lube handy too because it can depend on loads of things such as the weather and how warm your paint surface is too.
                              Detailing Accessories for the Detailing Enthusiast
                              www.wo-wo.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X