Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jet wash+purified water(no sponge)=no swirls?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet wash+purified water(no sponge)=no swirls?

just thinking that maybe regularly jetwashing the car and rinsing with purified water would be a good way of preventing swirls.
    no sponge and no towel drying would surely leave no swirls?
    if done every weekend the car would not be that dirty and the jetwash could cope.
    any thoughts?

Wahey were in my territory now leepy!!!!!!!

Leepy in theory yes if you did jetwash every week it would help but you would never get the car totally clean as shampoo has a mild degreaser built in and water and grease dont go so all crud on car will not be removed.....

You could try using a citrus degreaser and spraying car with it as it wont strip wax.

Paul Dalton has used a zymol sponge for 12 years and he details ferraris and bugatti,s and he has never swirled a car in his life using the correct method....
    Zymol sponges are not normal sponges as they have no silicon in them.....

R.O Water.....

Better than beer in my opinion...

If you clean car and sheet with r.o you can leave the car to dry and it will not spot..

I basically drive up to my garage every other night and pour 25 litres of water over it weather permitting and leave it to dry and it keeps the car semi clean until the weekend ..

I am now looking at upgrading my r.o system from a 75 gallon a day to a 900-2000 gallon a day system and am also toying with the idea of having a 200 litre tank built into the corner of my garage aswell for water on tap so to speak......

This is a fantastic unit out at moment which produces 900 gallons per day and upto 2000. The flow rate for this water is 1.9 litres per minute but i will be looking at fitting an d.i unit after it for final polishing of the water to get the ppm reading down to zero from about 20.

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id/235
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Just quickly Leepy the one thing i would say is that if your car is not clayed and waxed you will have less chance of it staying clean...

Ask any professional deatailer what their most prized asset is and 75% will say claybar...

Preparation of the paintwork surface is so important that the best wax in the world will look less effective on a non clayed and non prepared surface and a crap wax will look better on a properly prepared surface......what this means is that the surface WILL feel like silky glass and therefore the dirt has no rough surface to cling to and will literally fall off when jet washed!!!!!

Paul Dalton did my reps 996 carrera turbo a while ago and he never ever washes it only sprays it at work with a hose and it always looks perfect and feels fantastic......And its silver!

This hasnt been washed for 6 weeks..

But then it does have 3 layers of Zymol Royale on it!!!!!!!!
      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i like the idea of reverse osmosis water.
        is there anything under £100 that could do the job of rinsing a couple of times a week?

can you connect a hose to it and start rinsing or does it trickle out so you have to have a tank?

Comment

Leepy they are soooooooo easy to use......

Are you looking at installing in a garage or no garage?

Basically the unit has to be connected to a water supply preferably a copper pipe or similar but can be connected via adaptor to hose pipe...

The larger quantity of water equates to the speed of the unit

This system is very good for the price but will fill up a 25 litre drum in about 2 hours so the idea is to turn it on say saturday morning when you get up and by mid morning you will have a 25 litre drum ready for final rinse off which is ideal!!
          http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_i...08b10f363d9854
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
            Leepy they are soooooooo easy to use......

Are you looking at installing in a garage or no garage?

Basically the unit has to be connected to a water supply preferably a copper pipe or similar but can be connected via adaptor to hose pipe...

The larger quantity of water equates to the speed of the unit

This system is very good for the price but will fill up a 25 litre drum in about 2 hours so the idea is to turn it on say saturday morning when you get up and by mid morning you will have a 25 litre drum ready for final rinse off which is ideal!!
            http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_i...08b10f363d9854

that looks spot on!!!
            do you think you can get away without using a towel with this kit?

sorry about all the questions marc(your turning me in to car wash fanatic with all this technology )

i`d rather interact with some one than just googling everytime im struggling with something.
            what exactly does quick detailer do?

Comment

You can get away without drying yes but i would still advise washing car first and just pouring water via watering can all over car after and leaving to dry....

The reason this system would work is because it has a d.i unit built in....

Getting tecchie here!!!

When water is passed through an r.o unit it has to go through various stages...

Normally the first stage is to go through a pre sediment filter which takes all the large particles out of the water...when you change this filter it normally looks orange and silty....

Next the water passes through carbon filters to clean the water before it hits the semi permeable membrane which to you and me is like a microscopic sive......

Water is pushed through here at an incredible pressure and this eliminates about 98% of everything in the water..

To explain more fully an RO membrane removes 92 - 98% of the Total Dissolved Solids from the water. Deionisation Resin removes 100% of the TDS from the water . When the membrane has removed its 92 - 98% from the water the DI then takes out the last little bit.

This means when you pour it on your car and the air evaporates the water there is nothing left to sit on your cars surface as it has all been removed....

Hope that helps.........

When you,ve tried one you,ll never look back...

Actually phone up your local aquatic centre and ask how much a 25 litre drum of ro water is...Normally about £3.

Wash your car pour it over and see what you think......
              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

hi marc
                how often do you have to change filters etc,in a reverse osmosis set up?

Comment

Every 6 months approx depending on water conditions and usage but approx 6 months at cost of £10 sediment filter and £12 carbon filter...

Not alot compared to aquagleam which is £45 and lasts about 12 washes!!!!!!!!
                  HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                  X