This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Brightwork!

I wondered what the best thing is to clean the brightwork on VX’s, such as the chrome strip on the back of the Astra?

Now I called it a chrome strip, but in actual fact I think it’s a coated plastic so these parts will not be as tough as the old chromed metal parts found on older cars. So I guess I should avoid chrome cleaner as it will be too abrasive!

Would it be alright to use the same cleaner/polish as used on the bodywork or would that also be to abrasive?

Okay!...In answer to my own question!

Did a bit of carefull testing on the underside of the rear chrome strip. Defo was’nt going to use chrome cleaner. Instead opted for the mildest of all the cleaner waxes I have, which in this case was a liquid wax by Johnson’s, bufffed up with a microfibre it came out gleaming with out any signs of scratching.

Looks like cleaning around the griffin logo on the back is going to be fun as dirt collects in the recesses, I intend to deal with this by using AG interior cleaner sprayed on and then gently worked in with a fine bristle toothbrush, rinsed and dryed of and then treated with the same liquid wax applied with a fine cloth.

That Griffin badge must be the hardest marque badge to clean I can think of! :?

Comment

You could also try Zymol Detail wax, works nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
        Is that the one they describe as an aerodynamic wax! Wondered If it would also make the car go faster!

I’m interested in trying their HD-Cleanse, which is supposed to be very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark F
          Originally posted by AlexFi
          Is that the one they describe as an aerodynamic wax! Wondered If it would also make the car go faster!

I’m interested in trying their HD-Cleanse, which is supposed to be very good!
          Hd cleanse in my opinion is the best there is!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

And it smells like chocolate

Comment

Working...
            X