This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove swirl marks from paint

Thort my car was pretty clean as always clean it 3 times a week and have clayed it bout a month ago....

but last night was walking to my car and it was parked under a street lamp with the orange glow on it and could notice swirl marks on the paint is there a polish/wax that will help with these dnt fancy using a machine polisher.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

You need to get a polish with a filler in it, which will mask them a bit, Auto Glymm SRP does a pretty good job of filling them ...

Comment

There is no such magic solution and even fillers dont really fill them just mask them and not very well......Srp is the best swirl removed to be honest but it wont do a great deal...
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Yeah, a pc or similar is the only real way to get rid of them, you will not take them out by hand . I bought a pc 3 years ago, one of the best investments I have made !

Comment

you can get them out by hand it just takes a really long time to do. was quite surprised how swirled the roof of my car looked this week so spent a long time on it and I am happy with it now
          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
            you can get them out by hand it just takes a really long time to do. was quite surprised how swirled the roof of my car looked this week so spent a long time on it and I am happy with it now
            How did you do it??

Comment

Man It Takes Forever To Do By Hand, Got Most Out Of Mine But Not All Of Them. I Used Chemical Guys Products To Get Rid Of The Swirls

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                How did you do it??
                a megs sponge and any of my polishes and lots of hours.

I am a guy of 40 that has been cleaning cars for years and just used to it. First car I bought over 20 years ago was orange but had been sprayed with many cans of undercoat all over to give it a rat type look. I T cut and polished it all out by hand over a few weeks so if you do it long enough you can get decent results. Never as good as a machine but it will suffice for a normal car owner
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Working...
                X