This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recommend a good wax for a red corsa vxr

hey guys, quick question here. i got a red corsa vxr and im looking to get a good wax for it, been using Meguirs Step 3 Caranuba wax on it which i think is pretty good but looking ofr something that would last a bit longer. not looking for anything majorly expensive, prob top end £100, and i've just seen autoglym have a high definition wax, anyone know if this is any good or anyone recommend a good wax for my car? any help is appreciated
    sigpic
    Astra

I read the AG was is actually very good. £100 wax is a massive amount of money!! I've just bought some 50/50 Ltd Edition paste from CG's and some Jetseal109. Going to try 2 layers of wax of two coats of Jetseal and I'm hoping for great results (I polished with AG polish and glazed with that AG stuff a few weeks ago).

I try and remember to post a few pictures when I'm done this weekend. Anyone else think this is a good combination?

Comment

Forget spending £100, try £20 from ebay.
      Harly Wax is fantastic and especially for the price.
      I highly recommend it

Comment

yeah £100 is pretty high but i seen vxr marc used zymol concours on a red corsa vxr but its like im sure i seen it for sale at about £160 and i noticed the zymol titanium is for sale at around £70. i used to use autoglym stuff before going to meguirs and always had a good result wi them. all opions on waxes etc welcome though
        sigpic
        Astra

Comment

harly, hmm no heard of it before but will go has a look
          sigpic
          Astra

Comment

I would say that for the money and if you want to spend more than less i would say buy Dodo Supernatural...
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
              I would say that for the money and if you want to spend more than less i would say buy Dodo Supernatural...
              i am yet to try that

but all reports i have seen rate it up at the top...its def on my shopping list

Comment

I have used Petes 53 on my red vxr and thought it came up really good.It really easy to apply and wipe off.It is £20 and i put 2 coats on and its lasting well.

Heres a pic
                Darren

Comment

Jetseal 109 for a highly reflective acryllic look.....Aussies car:

HeavenlyDetail

Comment

What other products did you use before/after the jetseal on the car above marc and was it applied by machine or by hand?

Reason I ask is I'm considering investing in a G220 or alike and very impressed with the finish above

Comment

I just used Jetseal on my Arden Corsa and it looks bloody nice!!

Comment

Full correction and high gloss polish with final finish on high speed then ez creme glaze and 2 coats of jetseal...
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                          Full correction and high gloss polish with final finish on high speed then ez creme glaze and 2 coats of jetseal...
                          so its fine to use the jetseal without a wax beforehand?

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                            so its fine to use the jetseal without a wax beforehand?
                            yes. jetseal109 is a sealant which is slightly different to wax but ca be used as a last step product. i use jetseal on body work and alloys during the summer then switch to collnite (wax) during winter as its harder wearing. You should only apply wax over a sealant, never a sealant over a wax!

Comment

Working...
                            X