X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally going to detail the car....

Yes I am going to clean my car.

Just gone out and spent £100 (hubbie nearly had heart attack!) on cleaning products - I had none before

As per previous help requested I have brought....
    Megs.. step 1,2&3.
    Megs wheel cleaner
    Megs Glass cleaner
    Megs Exhaust/metal polish
    Megs Tyre black gloss stuff
    Zymol Car wash
    and Megs, mits, polishing pads and cloth things

I was going to do it today but we got home too late from shopping... so as it looks to be nice tomorrow. I am going over it top to bottom.

This is her very first car wash by me and also polish....

Will be taking before and after photos and will get them posted up

Comment

hey mel thats spookey
      just been out and got the same, never been into detailing cars until last week when a friend of mine was cleaning his car and he was using clay so we washed and clayed my bonnet so he could show me the difference that claying makes and i was amazed so today i went and purchased,

megs clay kit
      megs step 1
      megs step 2
      megs step 3
      megs water magnet
      megs aplicator pads
      megs microfibre cloths
      megs wash mit
      and a new bucket
      so hopefully tommorrow the weathers good and the beast gets her first detail

Comment

Originally posted by quick VXR
        hey mel thats spookey
        just been out and got the same, never been into detailing cars until last week when a friend of mine was cleaning his car and he was using clay so we washed and clayed my bonnet so he could show me the difference that claying makes and i was amazed so today i went and purchased,

megs clay kit
        megs step 1
        megs step 2
        megs step 3
        megs water magnet
        megs aplicator pads
        megs microfibre cloths
        megs wash mit
        and a new bucket
        so hopefully tommorrow the weathers good and the beast gets her first detail
        Same here.

Oh that is spooky.... great minds think alike!!!

Where did you get the clay, I hunted high and low and cudnt find it...

Comment

halfords im in bedford they must of stocked up this morning as they had loads of megs stuff

Comment

halfords im in bedford they must of stocked up this morning as they had loads of megs stuff
            PB had everything but the clay

Did you get the megs carwash?? I did pick it up but swapped it last min for the zymol one.

I got a little addicted to buying stuff tho. Should have just stuck to the original list, would be £50 richer!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              PB had everything but the clay

Did you get the megs carwash?? I did pick it up but swapped it last min for the zymol one.

I got a little addicted to buying stuff tho. Should have just stuck to the original list, would be £50 richer!
              i already had the megs gold class wash. we should buy shares in megs at this rate

Comment

I kno... oh is the clay stuff called Quik Clay Detailing System at £12.99...

just looking on their website

Comment

yeah thats the one its very good the paintwork feels like glass when you have done it

Comment

yeah thats the one its very good the paintwork feels like glass when you have done it
                    I hope that either Nottingham, Melton or Stamford have it in tomorrow... if not will have to do this one without it.

Will be upset knowin that it cud have been better shine etc if i could have got my hands on it.

Comment

the problem is if you dont clay it all the crap thats on the paintwork just gets sealed in by the waxing and the polishing

(im starting to sound like marc now)

Comment

the problem is if you dont clay it all the crap thats on the paintwork just gets sealed in by the waxing and the polishing

I was starting to feel like him when I was in there earlier... was waying up which shampoo and if the microfiber polish towels will leave swirls. And should I really get a mit as that's risky and what way do I wash? do I go in circles, across the car back and forth... think my hubbie was thinking I was going insane! or turning into a OCD freak.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc

I was starting to feel like him when I was in there earlier... was waying up which shampoo and if the microfiber polish towels will leave swirls. And should I really get a mit as that's risky and what way do I wash? do I go in circles, across the car back and forth... think my hubbie was thinking I was going insane! or turning into a OCD freak.
                          this is all marcs fault, a year ago it would of been down to the local jet wash and let it drip dry but now i wouldnt dream of doing that, VXRMARC has alot to answer for

Comment

this is all marcs fault, a year ago it would of been down to the local jet wash and let it drip dry but now i wouldnt dream of doing that, VXRMARC has alot to answer for
                            Oh yes... that's £100 I could have spent on the puppy or me!!!

The closest I got to this before was buying autoglym and doin my car once... other than that its jetwash, hubbie, arc wash or handwash centre.

Let's hope we have nice weather.

what colour is your VXR?

Comment

black with the standard 19"s still on stage 0 but by the summer i will be able to keep up with you

Comment

Working...
                              X