This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Foam............?

this may be a noobish question, but ive seen loads of you cleaning ur cars and covering it with foam, what do i need to be able to do this on myn?

check this out fella i be getting one in the near future!!!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12129
    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

do you have a jet wash ?

Comment

no im starting from scratch...............?

Comment

get your self a jetwash , and look at these http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19105
          i`m still quite new to the cleaning myself , i`ve only just got round to ordering a lance for my jet wash ,
          theres plenty to read in the cleaning section aswell which i found usefull ,

Comment

Just bought the lance and snowfoam for my jetwash. TBH im not that impressed with it!! I dont think it makes that much difference. A good hose down with the jetwash and then a normal wash is as good as anything(in my humble opinion). The snowfoam is not a substitute for the normal wash. Spend your £50 on something else!
            Last edited by steve271; 6 November 2008, 09:32 PM.
            Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

who does a decent jetwash?

Comment

and roughly how much am i lookin at?

Comment

got my Karcher one from Amazon. For £90. 110 bar pressure, dont get less than this!
                  Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

why not less?

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post
                      why not less?

I think pressure washer with less than 110 bar pressure are not powerful enough. Im happy to be corrected by anyone though!

Comment

Originally posted by steve271 View Post
                        Just bought the lance and snowfoam for my jetwash. TBH im not that impressed with it!! I dont think it makes that much difference. A good hose down with the jetwash and then a normal wash is as good as anything(in my humble opinion). The snowfoam is not a substitute for the normal wash. Spend your £50 on something else!
                        Its not supposed to be?
                        Are you presuming that a snowfoam is to wash the car because its not.....Its a presoak to loosen up dirt and eat into solid like dry mud etc so when you do spray it off it takes away anything that a wash mitt may swallow up and drag across the paintwork which is the no.1 reason its invented to prevent swirling...

You have jumped the gun with your post due to lack of knowledge/information.

If you want more of a wash than soak then i would recommend using citrus foam.
                        Last edited by Heavenly; 6 November 2008, 09:47 PM.
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I dont lack knowledge/information, i did a lot of research before I bought the lance and snowfoam, you were in fact one of the people I consulted! I was aware that it was not a substitute for the normal wash and was mearly pointing this out to the poster who may have been unaware of this. I'm not convinced, yet, that its worth the expense for the benefits it provides. I dont think it lifted or loosened that much more dirt than the jetwash alone did. Thats all!

Comment

You can get a snow foam lance and spray from www.i4detailing.co.uk

Check them out and if your purchase from them put VXRonline in the coupon code for 7.5% discount!

Comment

Jay i would hazard a guess that Rachel supplies them although i could be wrong...It is a tenner dearer though but they have some good products on there...

I have used a foam lance for about 18 months now and in winter to me personally the benefits are fantastic especially when its really road salty to loosen everything....
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X