X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel cleaning

Burg wheels.....

I haven't cleaned mine for a week and have all sorts of sediment stuck in and around the wheels, how the heck do i remove the sediment? I have used a wheel cleaning product, which removed most. I was thinking perhaps using some clay to get it out? What do you guys use?

Looked like I had drove through a ploughed field with all the crud in there

Also how do i stop cats getting on my bonnet!!!??
    Last edited by Madmonkee; 7 November 2008, 04:35 PM.
    sigpic
    Burg blood in my veins.... Ice cool Baby!
    !!Warning a VXR may inspire confidence!! Now for sale
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ds-and-stanced!

you can use clay on the wheels to take the stuff out that wheel cleaner wont remove, do you use a wheel brush at all? that can help as well..... once you have removed it, it might be worth putting a coat or two of jetseal on it so in future dirt comes off quicker and does not bake itself on the wheels and for the cats getting on your bonnet get a dog to guard your car
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

i have two... but the thought of them on the bonnet getting the cats off.... :S How durable is poorboys wheel wax as i have that, just not got round to putting it on. Or this jetseal the way to go? As for wheel brush, i have one but it just doesnt seem to get into the gaps, I did have the megs "basil brush" thing but dont know where it is. I am going to buy one of them ones mark was on about from Autorae, but not sure on the bush head... white or black
      Last edited by Madmonkee; 7 November 2008, 04:46 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

pm vxrmarc ask what brush he uses on thw wheels im sure hoggy a on here mentioned he has fell in love with a brush from swissvax, not sure on poorbooys wheel sealent (iv never liked the name ) but most people use jetseal on the car/wheels and say it does a very good job. you can alos use the likes of collinite 476 autowax as a protection form too
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

once wheels have protection on you`ll find soapy water and a sponge which i cut up into eight pieces is all you need for the wheels , i`ve bought a long wheel brush from halfords which is good to do inside the wheels ,
          have used meguires all wheel cleaner when wheels look really mucky ,
          soapy water i do outer rims 1st followed by light spnge ove the out edge of spokes , then with finger and sponge thin inner side of spokes including the corners of the spokes , then use wheel brush for inside the wheel , rinse off then just check the coners again and wipe with fingered soapy spong , rinse again and alls nice and clean , untill you drive it lol,
          10 to 15 minutes per wheel once protected ,

what a right up for those bloody alloys , look good when clean though

Comment

nice one daz, ive been using an old MF cloth to get in the corners, but this stuff is on there My billbury got rid of most but this is gonna need some super sticky clay to get it off i think. How is the autoroto brush for these wheels? Black or white head?
            Is it worth the money? Ive been looking at this also... but then again im not sure its gonna be man enough to get off real stubborn stuff
            sigpic

Comment

I took my wheels off today and there was some serious black stuff inside. It was like brake dust that was sticky and a massive patch. The bilberry wheel cleaner wouldnt shift it after 1:1 sprayed on 4 times and left for 5mins, then put on neat twice. I also tried claying it but my clay bar was an old one and didnt seem to be working well. Then I remembered I had some autoglyn intensive tar remover from years ago. Put a squirt of this on and wiped, and hay presto the massive patch wiped away with ease!
              sigpic
              Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Comment

Put them n the dish washer lol

Comment

Working...
                X