X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxing engine bay

is there any need to wax t.he engine bay for the winter with anything
    CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

mmmm this is really debateable...My engine bay is fully preped up with zaino and crystal rock but smply because im me...My chrome is all zaino,ed aswell simply to prevent winter salts attacking it in bad weather...I personally think its a good idea if you have the time to do it and clean it once a week....many wont and will say its pointless...

The secret to a clean engine bay is to put NOTHING on it regarding the engine itself , spraying silicon sprays etc to make the black look nice will just attract dirt then go greasy .....When its dry and clean you can just last touch or quick detail it as i do once a week and it stays immaculate...

If you are concerned Dave at DAP i believe can get covers for under the engine...
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Thanks Marc....where would we be without you. If i applied some wax to the paint work would this be a bit OTT.

Comment

No thats the main area under the bonnet i have done including the bonnet edges and also i have fitted the rubber strips along the bonnet edge and filled with clear bathroom sealent so when you open the bonnet you dont get the water running out the edges all into the engine bay as it doesnt get trapped in the bonnet edge..
        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Great...best to keep away from all the hose dressing stuff then yeah....quick rinse of the bay and underside of the bonnet followed by a good wax applyed to all the paint work yeah.

Comment

Absolutely , back to black , silicon spray , wd40 all these things ruin an engine bay .... Just wax or seal what you can on surrounding areas and quick detail once a week or month whatever you can do and that will suffice...

My engine bay is white and chrome and this ismy routine and i hope anybody who has viewed it in the last month will say that after 8000 miles its cleaner than when it left the factory following this procedure..
            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
            X