Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much????????

    Well i thought that i might treat myself to some new wax. I currently have Petes 53 which i have found very good and easy to work with. Ive heard many detailers talking about Swissvax and one inpaticular, Paul Doulton's crystal rock.

    So thought id have alook on their site, £500 a tub! Now i keen but jeeze thats expensive, well not compared to the 'sprecial' wax at £1,300 for two tubs!

  • #2
    Crystal Rock is crazy % carnuba content though

    you get what you pay for.

    Comment


    • #3
      Must admit Crystal Rock is a great wax so easy to use and gives a great wet glossy finish.

      I used it on this vx220

      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32119

      Comment


      • #4
        Its my fave

        I have a supply in my fridge.... and a nice little certificate on my wall...

        To be honest money aside it cant be beaten fullstop....

        I have tried just about everything , tested dodo pre-production and still have some pre production rainforest rub in containers in fridge , am currently testing some new stuff now and have used the most expensive wax available to buy and to be honest nothing compares for looks and ease of use which is the best part about it , its so easy on and off....

        I would say that Supernatural has possibly been taken as far as it can be carnauba wise so this is another good wax and my fave aswell z concours but crystal is king for me..
        HeavenlyDetail
        .
        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
          Its my fave

          I have a supply in my fridge.... and a nice little certificate on my wall...

          To be honest money aside it cant be beaten fullstop....

          I have tried just about everything , tested dodo pre-production and still have some pre production rainforest rub in containers in fridge , am currently testing some new stuff now and have used the most expensive wax available to buy and to be honest nothing compares for looks and ease of use which is the best part about it , its so easy on and off....

          I would say that Supernatural has possibly been taken as far as it can be carnauba wise so this is another good wax and my fave aswell z concours but crystal is king for me..
          Got a tub going spare then? lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes this one for £10,000 if you want it by Daniel Swarovski






            Special wax in two tubs?? Do you mean zymooooool Royale?
            Last edited by Heavenly; 9 November 2008, 10:46 PM.
            HeavenlyDetail
            .
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

            Comment


            • #7
              £10,000 for wax, blimey, it better do more than wax my car for that!

              One has to ask how you managed to fund such an expensive OCD when buying that sort of wax. Out of interest would that be the one that costs £50 a layer and is applied with the warmth of your hands?

              BTW doesnt it say Paul Doulton on the lid??

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes it is Pauls wax that he teamed up with Swissvax with to make the formula perfect...He spent over a year testing and testing to get it right including many many trips to switzerland to see them and make a perfect balance of everything that a wax should provide... I believe swissvax and Paul are very happy with the outcome after seeing sales doing really well each month and rightly so...

                Hand application is not always neccesary and there are pro,s and con,s on it and sometimes i do and sometimes i dont..

                Buy it? who said i buy it?

                Wax doesnt have to be mega expensive to be good , its the preparation thats needed which RACE will tell you.. Crystal fits a market that suits it..
                Last edited by Heavenly; 9 November 2008, 11:01 PM.
                HeavenlyDetail
                .
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                Comment


                • #9
                  Naturally assumed that you brought it yourself - take its given to you by corperate sponser or similar for your detailing work? Would love to try something like that out on my arden to see what its like and the results it brings but as i dont run in the 'right circles' and cant get it for free i dont think i'll be taking a loan out for 5 years for a tub of wax, no matter how good it is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No not at all...i did actually buy crystal but for my car its worth it...

                    I buy most of the waxes as its my hobby and passion and well i get a kick out of it...

                    You can always pop round and have a try of a few if your around sometime..
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    .
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                      No not at all...i did actually buy crystal but for my car its worth it...

                      I buy most of the waxes as its my hobby and passion and well i get a kick out of it...

                      You can always pop round and have a try of a few if your around sometime..
                      Cheers mate would love to, think i'll wait to the new year when the weather pick's up though. Just checked AA route finder and its telling me it would take 4 hrs to get to Kent!!!!
                      Last edited by Jay; 9 November 2008, 11:16 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hahahahaha , you should see Robbieban , he,ll give you some advice and a great genuine guy aswell...
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        .
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                          Hahahahaha , you should see Robbieban , he,ll give you some advice and a great genuine guy aswell...
                          That was the original plan. When i arrange to see him he's offered to give me tuition and also detail my car as im planning on getting a machine orbital polisher as you know over x-mas and wouldnt want to attempt this without expert input. Hopefully i'll be able to keep the arden looking amazing with less arm ache from hand polishing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            See Robbie , he will help you no end...Detailing is great fun and the sense of achievement at the end is worth it i believe.....

                            I am now applying to my local council to detail a vintage red phone box near me from top to bottom back to its former bright red glory !!
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            .
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You must be ...............

                              You would deffinately have to get a thread up about that. What about detailing an old red london bus!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X