This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Clean

The old Astra VXR was getting a bit mucky. Haven't washed it for about 3 weeks So I braved the wind and cold to give it a spruce up, Was waxed 3x with Collinite 915 a month this weekend, glad to see it's still holding it's ground

Fitted some EBC Yellowstuff pads since posted the VXR last time, highly recommended

Products used:
    Autobrite Snow Foam (Ohhh I enjoy this stuff, so do passers by)
    Duragloss Shampoo (Superb stuff, leaves a lovely wet finish, and feels very slick with the mitt)
    Muc Off for the wheels (surprisingly good actually )

Sorry for the tad blurriness in the after pics, was freezing and getting a bit dark

Snowfoamed it twice with a mix of snowfoam and Duragloss. Removed most of the dirt

Some Befores:

Just as I was finishing it started to rain

Here are the afters:

My Fav Pic:

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Trist; 9 November 2008, 04:30 PM.
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

nice 1
    where do you live as i live in llandeilo

Comment

Cheers

I live in Pentrecwrt which is near Llandysul, Newcastle Emlyn. 18odd miles from Carmarthen.
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

lucky you braved it out there mate i wouldnt have done it the weather was **** yesterday good job though!!!
        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Looks stunning mate

Comment

Looks stunning mate, i know you always look after your cars
            What we do in life....Echo's in Eternity

Comment

Cheers lads

It's pissing it down and very hard out there at the moment, the water is running of the paintwork
              Last edited by Trist; 20 November 2008, 01:49 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

looking good mate

Comment

we have to have photoshoot fella once i get mine which wont be long
                  Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                    we have to have photoshoot fella once i get mine which wont be long
                    Well up for that
                    sigpic

Comment

just ordered my small vxr badge for the front grill how did you get the back badges off with marking anything mate hairdryer, soapy water, and floss?? ha ha

also another recommendation mate take the vxr sticker off back window and have some on the back windows but leave the www.off!!!
                      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                        just ordered my small vxr badge for the front grill how did you get the back badges off with marking anything mate hairdryer, soapy water, and floss?? ha ha

also another recommendation mate take the vxr sticker off back window and have some on the back windows but leave the www.off!!!
                        I got the badges off with really warm water, and it just peels off. Gave it a quick polish and bravo!! Cleaned and polished up the chrome strip with autosol metal polish

U mean put the stickers on the side windows?
                        sigpic

Comment

The glue can be removed with panel wipe or pre paint....carefully remove the badge with something suitable of you're choice.
                          CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

Yellow stuff pads mate nice to see them and i bet hardly even any trace of brake dist! i havent used alloy wheel cleaner since i got the yellow stuff pads.

I hate the greasy build up on the windows on mine with the salt and weather atm.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                              Yellow stuff pads mate nice to see them and i bet hardly even any trace of brake dist! i havent used alloy wheel cleaner since i got the yellow stuff pads.

I hate the greasy build up on the windows on mine with the salt and weather atm.
                              Their top notch. Sometimes when I brake hard it doesn't brake like I want it to. It's like it's slowing down gently, then all of a sudden you get massive brakes, can upset the car slightly, but it is fun

Use Rain-X or my current favourite Aquapel. It helps any dirty water to bead way from the windows
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X