This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with Wax

I have had my car now for nearly 2 months and it is a 58 plate and is Arden.

I have washed it many times and waxed it three times using Mcquires gold I think it is called - cost me £13 anyway.

I use Mcquires cloths and in total these cost me another £20 or so.

I wash the car using buckets and sponge and a wax soap. Then i apply the wax thinly one panel at a time. Now then once i take the wax off it either seems to make no real difference or it is a bugger to get off.

I dont want to be using clay or sealants etc or stuff like that i want to wash/wax and go.

Should I be using a different wax or i am doing it wrong or do i need to use clay and sealant etc.

In short I want a shiney car with least effort.

Any tips please?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Im sure VXRMac will be across soon to help you out m8

Comment

Sounds like you are using an inferior wax product.

You should try 50/50 Concourse Wax available from www.chemicalguysuk.com
      They normally have limited runs so availability can be patchy. I ordered some just yesterday. This wax pound for pound is excellent imo. The application and removal is so easy and the end result is incredible
      If its out of stock then Pete's 53 wax is a good option, from the same people

Comment

To get the really shiny look with miminal effort doesnt really happen, your going to have to put the effort in to start with. Im now at a stage with mine that i can wash and dry and it looks fantastic.

But, below is what you should be doing to start of with and is what i do:

1) Wash the car using the two bucket method and a lambs wool mit NOT a sponge

2) Clay the car

3) Was the car again using the two bucket method andc lambs wool mit NOT a sponge

4) Apply a couple of coats of sealeant leaving an hour or so between each application, Jetseal 109 is the best IMO.

5) Apply a glaze, ive just brought some acrlyic glaze from chemicals guys

6) Apply wax, i use Petes 53 wax which i found good, also from chemical guys.

This should get you a good result. Its all down to the preperation work and the products you use, theres alot better ones out there than i use but it depends how much you want to spend and what result you want. vxrmarc is the expert to all things cleaning. You could also use snowfoam before washing the car but i havent got this yet. Heres some pics of mine:

Comment

jay glzae first then seal then wax

courtesy of vxrmarc
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

I could have sworn i was told to seal first, then glaze, then wax???? Seems to be doing the trick but i'll change it round next time, should be even better then!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              I could have sworn i was told to seal first, then glaze, then wax???? Seems to be doing the trick but i'll change it round next time, should be even better then!
              glaze to get the shine, seal to lock it in place and shine more, wax to protect
              sigpic
              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

rhanks guys.

nice pics as well.

I will be built like bob the builder after all that ^^

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

I use that wax and get great results. Always use the Megs Stage 2 polish first before waxing though
                  sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                  Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Some good advice above but is polish , glaze , seal , wax for future refernce if required..
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Cheers mark. So after wash, polish - for example autoglym super resin polish, glaze, sealant, wax?

Comment

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                        rhanks guys.

nice pics as well.

I will be built like bob the builder after all that ^^
                        Yes you will

Comment

Working...
                        X