This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh paint - How to protect?

Hi, i'm new on here and have only owned my Arden Blue bus for a week and have just had both sides repainted.
    What i would like to know is what should i be using to maintain this fresh look? I've read about sealing the paint, along with polishes, waxes and the likes and don't really understand it all so would like a simple guideline on what i should do first and then how to maintain it.

Sorry if this has been covered before but i couldn't find anything searching. Thanks in advance, Gareth

Hello and welcome.

Its fairly simple but the verious brands and products out there make it a mine field.

Wash the car using the two bucket method - this is having two buckets (obvious) one with the shampoo in and the other just clean water. Wash a panel at a time with a lambswool mitt in the shampoo and then rinse in the clean water and so on.

Clay the car - buy some medium / light grade clay and lube and rub over the surface to get rid of stubborn comtamination - you may not need to do this if its recently been re-sprayed. If you do clay then wash again afterwards.

Apply a polish - auto gylm super resin polish is a typical example but i use Chemical Guys either Cherry Wet Polish or Pro-Polish+ Acrylic Shine.

Then apply a glaze - Again i use Chemical Guys acrylic Shine or Mirror Finsh.

Apply a sealant, i use Jetseal 109 but you can buy an Auto Glym one which does the trick. This stuff is like water so rub over the car making sure of an even application and leave to sure for at least an hour then rub off. I would then suggest re-applying another layer of sealant to really keep the polish and glaze protected.

Lastly is the wax, there are many out there but i use Petes 53 Carnuba wax as its very easy to work and normally apply a couple of layers. Then all you should need to do the next time is wash you are, dry it and apply a layer of wax to keep it topped up and looking good. Obviously the better products you use the better results you will have.

Comment

Thanks Jay....

To be honest im trying to stay out of these kinda questions to let others have their say on what they think because otherwise i will always recommend the same products and variety is always good..
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
        Thanks Jay....

To be honest im trying to stay out of these kinda questions to let others have their say on what they think because otherwise i will always recommend the same products and variety is always good..
        Maybe you should put a sticky up with your recommended products of the month to save repeating yourself all the time, lol. Robbi's guides are fantastic but a long read if someone is just wanting a quick answer.

Comment

To be fair they are Richies from polished bliss guides copied and pasted....
          HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
            To be fair they are Richies from polished bliss guides copied and pasted....
            And here i was thinking he sat down for ages tapping away at the key board!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
              X