This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Paint ??

I have got what I can only describe as paint splattered up the side of the car, it is worse at the front wheelarch / sideskirt, obviousy have driven through something . It is red and christ knows where it has happened ! Anyhoo I have tried the usual suspects on it and it isn`t coming off , bug & tar remover / paint cleaner / white spirits or even petrol , nothing is moving or softening it, any ideas of products which may clean it off without damaging the car ? Well cheesed off as I gave the whole car the winter clean & wax last week which I thought would stop stuff sticking too bad, it has 2 coats of victoria concourse on it ....

Have you tried clay?

Comment

Yep, it took off the smaller bits on the door, but the sideskirt / wing is too thick for that ..

Comment

hmmm, have you tried a paint renovator, something like Autoglym, I've used this in the past followed by Megs scratch X to blend it out?

Comment

I tried Megs paint cleaner, with no luck, not tried AG renovator, though I might have some. Really hard stuff, I think it may be from line painting on the roads .... I don``t want to use anything too abrasive on it yet, looking for something to dissolve it, without damaging the paint, which might be impossible !

Comment

pm leelee, he'll give you the right advice mate

Comment

Cheers, I`ll try that, and DW as well ...

Comment

Working...
              X