This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car polisher

I was wondering if some of you guys could advise me on a polisher/buffer. Not looking anything to expensive but something that will do the job without costing the earth as i've seen some as much as £200. Not looking to spend anything near that. Also whats the best polish to use when using a buffer, Does any do?
    I barrowed a battery powered one from work and it applyed the polish well but never had enough power to remove it.

I drive an arden astra vxr.

Thanks in advance.

i use a meguiars buffer which is really spot on-can get one for about £130-£150,very small and light.

Comment

Kestrel for around £60 on www.i4detailing.co.uk

You'll also get a 7.5% discount with them when using 'VXRonline' in the coupon section.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
        i use a meguiars buffer which is really spot on-can get one for about £130-£150,very small and light.
        I've seen a few good write ups about this one. Take it you dont have to use any special polish? wasn't quite looking to spent that much but you pay for what you get i suppose.

Comment

try to ask vxrmarc ...
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

anyone used the silverline polisher ? if yes how do you rate it

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalo...her_LCD_1.html

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
              anyone used the silverline polisher ? if yes how do you rate it

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalo...her_LCD_1.html
              I was going to go for the silverline but was told its really for a pro as its rotary which is abit intense for beginners. You need to go for a random orbital, megs are the best but again for beginners not necessary, im going for the Kestrel kit including the Sonus products and pads - again not the best on the market but its got to beat doing it by hand!

Comment

You can let us know what you think of it. not to badly priced considering the polish etc you get with the deal. £129 isn't it?

Comment

i was looking at the silverline myself. seems good for the money
                  Tech2 Diagnostics
                  Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willia View Post
                    You can let us know what you think of it. not to badly priced considering the polish etc you get with the deal. £129 isn't it?
                    Yeah its about that, by the time i added a few extra pads etc it came to £160including the discount VXRonline members get! Ive been told its middle of the range equipment / products and will more than meet my requirements. Meg's, though is withour doubt the best but your obviously going to pay top dollar.

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
                    i was looking at the silverline myself. seems good for the money
                    Again, as stated above avoid rotart polisher unless you have experience in using them, very easy to mess up the paint work i.e. burn it and destroy the clear coat as its alot more intensive then a random orbital.

Comment

Working...
                    X