Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piano black centre console + swirl removal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piano black centre console + swirl removal?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there is a polish that can be used on the plastic piano black centre console because when the sun shines on it I can see alot of marks.
    sigpic
    Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Got this on mine aswell

Comment

Humm good question. In theory the piano dash has a lacquer on it like the paint of a car so again, in 'theory' you could use a polish + compund to fill in the swirls and then a wax however i have a felling that it wouldnt work as the lacuqer on the dash and paint work are going to be different.

Hopefully vxrmarc might be able to clarify this one if it could be dont with polishes and waxes or not or whether it would have to be re-sprayed. Unfirtunatly the dashes are very easy to scratch.

Comment

What about somthing like Meguiars Plastx?
        sigpic
        Remus 3 Piece - Bilstein B12 kit - Nurb Splitter - OPC Fogs - Debadged

Comment

i'm thinking about trying this stuff http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/p...?prod=14%5FZ14
          any ideas or thoughts Marc? please

Comment

Nope i would say tickle it with a feather...Its a nightmare and so easily screatched....Nothing i have tried has worked as its toooo soft.
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I must admit I tend to use a damp aquatouch as it so easily marks up. Thankfully the aquatouch is quite kind. I still wouldn't swap it for the star silver stuff though.

Comment

I use a microfibre and glass cleaner on mine....hardly any scratches.

Comment

me too , glass cleaner + mf cloth ,

Comment

I do as above as a general clean but also out abit of wax on there for protection, hardly any scratches at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X