This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Foam - What is it?

Read everywhere about snow foam and I know it comes out of a pressure washer from a lance and covers your car is soap suds.

There seems to be a couple of types of foam but what the difference is I have no idea.

Can someone perhaps provide me some details of what this does and why it is better than a bucket and sponge please, except for time which is obvious.

In other words what are the sale points for it and why should i invest in one?

Thanks.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
    Read everywhere about snow foam and I know it comes out of a pressure washer from a lance and covers your car is soap suds.

There seems to be a couple of types of foam but what the difference is I have no idea.

Can someone perhaps provide me some details of what this does and why it is better than a bucket and sponge please, except for time which is obvious.

In other words what are the sale points for it and why should i invest in one?

Thanks.
    Depends what types you've seen, Marc is the best person to comment on this.

My input but not gospel:

Basically the snow foam is designed to remove things like traffic film and most dirt on the bodywork, however you will still need to wash the car.

Im Sure it comes in thicknesses due to the style of washer you have as some pressure washers the mixture of foam to water cannot be adjusted, so chances are you will need the thicker foam mix.

RULE #1: DON'T USE A SPONGE!! Get yourself a good wash mitt and use the 2 bucket method to wash the car and rinse off the mitt.

Also to prevent swirl marks the clue is in the question, wash the car in straight lines
    Last edited by Nathan; 7 December 2008, 01:28 AM.

Comment

The reason to buy it is it looks cool and will impress your neighbours no end.

It's good at getting off surface dust and grit. Don't expect it to do much to traffic film and grime, it is only a pre-wash. Cleaner, well waxed cars suit it best.

Comment

As mentioned by Nathan, the main purpose of using snow foam is to foam bathe the car to remove the larger particles of dirt/mud/etc from the vehicle before even touching a sponge. This helps to reduce the chances of marring/marking your paintwork whilst sponging it, as you will no longer be running the risk of dragging larger dirt particles across the paint (which on VX cars is quite soft).

THe snow foam is a specially formulated, concentrated shampoo which has to be diluted down with water (but can also be combined with other shampoos to enhance effect), before being applied through a snow foam lance.

Most of the snow foam lances fit the majority of pressure washers, and have tips designed to specifically create the extra creamy lather that they do. Additionally they feature volume adjustment, which allows you to control the shampoo/water mix.

Comment

Thanks guys that helps a lot, so clearly the reason for getting one is to impress the neighbours

Looks like this could be a xmas present for me just to impress !!!

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Working...
          X