X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wax would you recommend....

Hi peeps,

I have an arden astra VXR and have been using Petes 53 Carnuba wax for some time which i like alot, but fancy a change. Been trawling the net, ordered some dodo juice wax but wont get this until christmas as it a prezzie from my bro.

So for those of you out there with an Arden VXR what waxes do you use? Im not wanting to spend a fortune but was thinking of getting some dodo juice supernatural or Zymbol?

I ask only for opinions from people with Arden's as a wax that may work with a red or black VXR may not work well with the blue. Cheers

I use CG's 50-50 paste wax, and I think it brings by Arden up a treat.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

What did it say? I WANT TO KNOW!!

I'm always after car products!

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
          I use CG's 50-50 paste wax, and I think it brings by Arden up a treat.
          Yeah, I'd go with the Bumpkin' advice, I have used this (and still have most of a tin left in the fridge) and it gives a good shine - just recently though I've been wanting more so I have splashed out a bit and bought some of the Z***l range with a tub of Concours wax being in my order (un-used as yet though).

Comment

Petes 53 is very good but durability suffers , ive used supernatural quite a few times now and to be honest it is very very good on arden and really gives some depth if the paintwork is prepared correctly Jay....I have also spoken to Dom this week and am going to try and get some supernatural samplers for prizes in competitions over the next few months...

Zymbol is very very good i do agree with concours being one of my favourite waxes but probably over the top price wise for what you are looking at the same as swissvax best of show another fantastic wax.

This may be the time to buy a sampler kit from Dodo of the 4 soft and 4 hard waxes and do some experimentation because one mans wine is another mans poison with looks in the wax world plus its fun trying the different combos.
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
              Petes 53 is very good but durability suffers , ive used supernatural quite a few times now and to be honest it is very very good on arden and really gives some depth if the paintwork is prepared correctly Jay....I have also spoken to Dom this week and am going to try and get some supernatural samplers for prizes in competitions over the next few months...

Zymbol is very very good i do agree with concours being one of my favourite waxes but probably over the top price wise for what you are looking at the same as swissvax best of show another fantastic wax.

This may be the time to buy a sampler kit from Dodo of the 4 soft and 4 hard waxes and do some experimentation because one mans wine is another mans poison with looks in the wax world plus its fun trying the different combos.
              Cheers for the above mark. Ive looked at the Dodo sample kits, the hard and soft samplers. Whats the difference? and which would be best for protection and looks?

Comment

They all have different properties and experimentation is the only way to say...I tested rainforest rub for a long time pre-production and still have a chemists concotion in my fridge when it was being developed..I cant really comment on whats better than another because i havent extensively tested them all long term but they all have their own characters but not a huge difference i dont believe.. Supernatural OBVIOUSLY i really like due to its chemistry and makeup and the result it gave me on silver.. See really what you should do is do a panel on the car with each wax and see what you think , this is where the fun comes in , trying different things..
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                  They all have different properties and experimentation is the only way to say...I tested rainforest rub for a long time pre-production and still have a chemists concotion in my fridge when it was being developed..I cant really comment on whats better than another because i havent extensively tested them all long term but they all have their own characters but not a huge difference i dont believe.. Supernatural OBVIOUSLY i really like due to its chemistry and makeup and the result it gave me on silver.. See really what you should do is do a panel on the car with each wax and see what you think , this is where the fun comes in , trying different things..
                  What ive decided to do is buy an 8 test tub of dodo juice consisting of 4 hard and 4 soft waxes and try them all out whilst saving a little each week to get the supernatural one. The plan is to take a few pic's each time i have tried a tester tub then put them together and see which i prefer the most.

Comment

see now thats detailing jay not just a wash and wax..

Then you have the 8 x 8 = 64 combinations to try out and then throw in zaino or jetseal or klasse and it gets even better,,,,different looks, depth , wetness blah blah blah , god im getting excited again...hahaha...

Dont forget Supernatural doesnt only come in the £100 pot it also comes in a normal one aswell which is considerably cheaper...Heres my collection at the moment which i play around with most evenings if i get a chance..

HeavenlyDetail

Comment

All Wax and no Stella
                      sigpic
                      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502 View Post
                        All Wax and no Stella
                        I found it muted the flake on the car ...
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Would be very intrested in the results, as i to am looking for a wax. Its funny how today i went out looking for a complete car care kit, but all i could find is magolas (sorry spelling) everywhere i went said thats the best??

Comment

supernatural's on the performance blue on the st is very good aswell as the arden blue on the vxr

Comment

You mean Meguiars?

I find Collonite 476s works well for me. Gave mine a layr the other week and by did it come up nice and shiny!

Didnt you see it gleaming today Marc
                              sigpic
                              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Working...
                              X