This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safeguard and detailing?

hiya, on my new corsa i bought safegaurd with it mainly for the interior protection as i want to detail it myself. they said they put 3 layers of wax on and thats ment to last 3 years without me havin to touch it does this effect anything if i want to clay/polish/glaze and wax myself? do i need to take their wax off first?

any help appreciated, cheers

You mean supaguard mate. Got offered it for my car for £300 but didnt take them up on it.

It wont effect you detailing you car however you might have to use a clenser to get it off if you wanted to, not sure what its like as ive never had it.

Comment

supaguard is brilliant for the inside i think, but personally i think i'd leave it off the outside... i prefer to detail it myself from scratch

Comment

They proably left it off the outside anyway *lol* I work with a valeter who says he never put it on, just gave the cars a quick polish and noone was any the wiser ... I wasn`t overly surprised to hear it from the horses mouth tbh ... It will soon wear off after a few washes anyway if they did stick a coat on ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
          You mean supaguard mate. Got offered it for my car for £300 but didnt take them up on it.

It wont effect you detailing you car however you might have to use a clenser to get it off if you wanted to, not sure what its like as ive never had it.
          there is one called Safeguard too.... I had it but what good it did I don't know?? probably nothing but it is easy to clean my car but don't know if it is cos of that??

Comment

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
            hiya, on my new corsa i bought safegaurd with it mainly for the interior protection as i want to detail it myself. they said they put 3 layers of wax on and thats ment to last 3 years without me havin to touch it does this effect anything if i want to clay/polish/glaze and wax myself? do i need to take their wax off first?

any help appreciated, cheers
            They are talking out of their ar$es.
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
            X