Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stickyness after removal of Tints

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stickyness after removal of Tints

    Hi I have just removed window tints from my Vectra GSI and now the windows are covered with annoying sticky goop. It makes the window make a loud screeching noise when opening or shutting. Plus it looks dirty.


    Is there any tips I can use to get this stuff off?


    Cheers

  • #2
    You'll need to use a body solvent to remove glue left behind, something like Megs Body Solvent, Auto Glym Tree Sap and Tar Remover

    Comment


    • #3
      Is that you in that pic Robbieben??

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes mate, last summer at one of the shows

        Comment


        • #5
          if your names not down your not coming in!

          Comment


          • #6
            update on tints.... weve just tried white spirit and to no luck. the sticky stuff is on the whole window not just sections. It's like the top "tint" bit of the film came off and left all the glue and gunk behind

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              update on tints.... weve just tried white spirit and to no luck. the sticky stuff is on the whole window not just sections. It's like the top "tint" bit of the film came off and left all the glue and gunk behind
              Megs Body Solvent removes the glue residue thats left behind by tints, white spirit wont touch the stuff, you could also use thinners but keep it well away from paint and trim.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Robbieben
                Megs Body Solvent removes the glue residue thats left behind by tints, white spirit wont touch the stuff, you could also use thinners but keep it well away from paint and trim.
                will stick to the megs... think it maybe safer than me playing with thinners i just kno how hard i try not to spill sumthin it wud just happen

                thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                  Originally posted by Robbieben
                  Megs Body Solvent removes the glue residue thats left behind by tints, white spirit wont touch the stuff, you could also use thinners but keep it well away from paint and trim.
                  will stick to the megs... think it maybe safer than me playing with thinners i just kno how hard i try not to spill sumthin it wud just happen

                  thanks
                  If you want to use thinners just wet the cloth in one small area

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    will let hubbie to do that... his car if it gets ruined

                    im in charge of workin on the paintwork to get it back to a better finish.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You might want to try baby oil or WD40 if all else fails.
                      I know you may think it strange but it really works well on some glues
                      sigpic
                      More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                      Click Here to.................
                      See My Wheels
                      See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vxrdilly
                        You might want to try baby oil or WD40 if all else fails.
                        I know you may think it strange but it really works well on some glues
                        i wont ask how you found that one out :wink:

                        thanks... i will give it a try i have some baby oil i cud use.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have used lighter fluid but try in tiny area first with small amount!!
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          .
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oooops I forgot to say.......you will need something to clean the oil off after,either spirit based or detergent
                            sigpic
                            More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                            Click Here to.................
                            See My Wheels
                            See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any joy has it all come off?
                              sigpic
                              More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                              Click Here to.................
                              See My Wheels
                              See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X