This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Valeting - Opel Manta GTE Swissvax Protection Detail

Today I had booked in a DW FIRST a Opel Manta GTE which had been through alot of restoration work.

I was working in a bodyshop today so very limited on pics im affraid and NO befores due to a few other lads in the bay with me and didn't want to push my luck.

Firstly the wheels were soaked in smart wheels and left to dwell for 5 mins, the tyres were cleaned using some g101 and the arches.

Next up the car was pre-washed using a hot pw, then foamed and then 2bm and then clayed using some sonus green then re-washed and dried using my Race Valeting Ultimate Water Guzzler Drying towel and some last touch as a drying aid.

The car was then brough into the polishing bay were I gave the polish with some SV Cleaner fluid on a finishing pad via the makita to enhance the gloss and remove any slight marks.

Next the was given a layer of SV Saphir and left for 30 to cure while I hoovered out the interior.

I then buffed off the wax using my Race Valeting super buffing towels.

Next I cleaned the interior with a detailing brush and some g101 to all the dash and vents etc then all was dressed using some poorboys natural look dressing.

The seats were given a quick wipe over with some bio brisk and the leather cleaned/conditioned.

Next I applyed the 2nd layer of saphir and while it was curing I cleaned the windows using my Race Valeting Streak Free Glass Cloth and some megs glass cleaner.

The wheels were then sealed using some jetseal 109 and then topped off with a coat of collinite 476's, the tyres dressed with Espuma rd50, the exhaust polished with megs nxt metal polish, and finally then wax was then buffed off and given a quick spritz with some duragloss 952.

Heres the final pics guys.

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome as normal.

Total time taken was 7 hrs

Paul

Brings back memories, I had one just like that in white E reg i think it was.
    They were like tanks, I was side swiped by a foriegn lorry on Brent Cross roundabout in the rear left quarter, and I still drove it for a year after (I took the cash from the drivers insurance - and still sold the car damaged for a good price!)
    Loverly job!

Comment

nice job mint car

Comment

I used to love these, especially the saloon version, I worked for VX at the time and along with this the Monza and the Senator were my favorites of the range, I had a Cavalier Coupe on a 1976 P reg myself but it was beyond it tbh, well without a blank cheque book anyway, always loved the pillarless windows in the summer, owned the A version in the early 80's also in putrid yellow.

Comment

Really nice car! old school!!

Comment

It is owned by a Mr Sheen

Comment

Stunning Car And Stunning Job

Comment

the inner wheel arches are manky man!

Comment

Working...
                X