This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound ok as a basic detail procedure?

was thinking of giving the burg a hardcore detail when i get my splitter sorted out, so the lot including removing wheels etc,

this sound ok

wash with maxi suds or similar,
    dry with drying towel,
    use jetseal 109
    buff off

hob done not into it too much but ya think thatll be ok??

also was wondering, if i bought a pc polisher to apply the jetseal and remove it can i mess it up or are they ok?
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

cirtus degrease
    wash down
    snow foam (if possible)
    rinse
    clay
    wash/rinse
    dry
    polish
    glaze (if you wish)
    seal (jetseal)
    wax done
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

if your goin to go hardcore mate, you need to clay the car aswel to get rid of all the little sticky bits, like tree sap, and tar, dont know if you can apply jet seal with a pc. but yeah you can do damage with a pc if not used correctly, like burning the paint. im sure marc will be able to add to this.
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post

also was wondering, if i bought a pc polisher to apply the jetseal and remove it can i mess it up or are they ok?
        jetseal is a sealant used to protect the paint finish. It has no abraisive qualities and will not polish the paintwork. The only possible use for the polisher would be to help spread it around.

It might work out easier, personally i think it would be easier to apply by hand.

As for your wash procedure, i would incorporate some kind of pre wash before attacking the car with a nice clean wash mitt, especially in this kind of weather. Ideally you'd need a pressure washer and a foam lance which is going to be over £100 notes. So if thats too much maybe get some Bilt Hamber Surfex or other pre wash to soak the car in, then hose down with the pressure washer.

Rest of the procedure should be fine if your not into detailing and just want to clean your car without scratching it.

Comment

how bout this

degreaser ( not sure how its applied maybe with squirty bottle?? lol )
          maxi suds 2 wash
          rinse
          dry
          clay
          detail spray
          jetseal
          wax
          Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
            how bout this

degreaser ( not sure how its applied maybe with squirty bottle?? lol )
            maxi suds 2 wash
            rinse
            dry
            clay
            detail spray
            jetseal
            wax
            i would personally polish the car before applying some sealent, but thats imo
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

degreaser (using a squirty bottle)
              wash dwn
              maxi suds etc wash
              dry if you need (although i wouldnt bother if claying will help with lube)
              clay
              wash/dry
              polish
              jetseal
              wax
              sigpic
              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

This is my 'big' routine:

Snowfoam
                Was using 2 bucket mehtod and wool mitt
                Clay
                Was again using 2 bucket method and wool mit and wash wheels
                Dry off using a waffel towel
                Polish - leave 5 minutes to cure
                Glaze - leave for 5 minutes to cure
                Seal - leave for an hour
                Seal - leave for an hour
                Glaze - leave for 5 minutes to cure
                Wax - leave for 5 minutes to cure
                Wax - wheels
                Wax - leave for an hour to cure

Comment

Citrus degrease lower sections and arches then snowfoam , dwell 5 mins and karcher off.

2 bucket method wash top to bottom including door shuts , boot and under rubber trims and door seals

Spray car off

Lubricate paintwork and clay without drying first its unneccesary and clay wheels if required

Rewash 2 bucket method

Rinse off and if pos pour 25litres of Reverse Osmosis water over car from an aquarium (cost £3) then leave and quick detail and dry , this stops water runs and spotting.

Polish car with a good polish even Autoglym srp is ok but stay away from trim and rubber seals as it powders badly but has the best swirl removing properties.

Buff off polish panel at a time

Glaze car with chemical guys ez creme glaze instantly buff off for a nice deep oily look or use chemical guys virtua bond

Chem guys jetseal car and wheels over and leave 1 hour

Buff off and repeat jetseal again, this is simply for filling in areas that may not have bonded leave 1 hour and buff off

Quick detail car and brush out edges etc , clean glass , clean exhaust , prime rubber seals and edges with a uv protectant like swissvax pneu or 303 aerospace , jetseal chrome strips and badges , dress tyres and spray undercarriage spray in arches etc if required.

Just remember one thing that soooo many people either forget or dont know and that is that Jetseal and zaino will lighten the colour of the car and will show swirls up as it magnifys the paint work... Using a carnauba wax in place of jetseal will darken the paintwork and fill swirls better even though super resin polish has fillers in it anyway.

If anybody had seen the difference between Macca,s vxr vectra with zaino on dirty agreed but the colour was visible and keith.nor,s corsa vxr then they would see how much darker keiths arden blue is compared to macca,s. Its horses for courses as to which you prefer..
                  HeavenlyDetail
                  Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

top answer marc.. wanna do mine?
                    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                    X