This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax sealant

after washing my car whats the best either wax or sealant that i can apply so that i can simply rinse it off when dirty , job done. and id ideally like a really wet look too, btw my car is white ig it makes a diff. was thinking jetseal or collonite
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Jetseal will give the car a sterile but highly reflective look well best possible on white and wax will give the car a wet look which i would advise for you..

If you can afford £65 get dodo supernatural looks great on white if not colly will do but you will lose a touch of bling as its swaying on the protective side than wetness...
    HeavenlyDetail
    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Oh and wax alone will do nothing if what you are applying it over is dull , get some dodo lime prime or swissvax cleaner fluid or zymol hd cleanse and polish and cleanse the paintwork first!!!!
      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Marc,

Quick question. I was looking at getting some dodo juice clenser but have backed away as i thought that it would strip all the protective layer that i have already built up, is this the case or not.

The prob that i have got now is that after so much cleaning, sealing, polishing etc and building up layers of protection i not keen on stripping it all back and strating over again.

Could i was the car and use a clenser although i have already got alot of pretection on the car, i thinking it wouldnt make a difference as it wont actually be in contact with the paintowrk, just previous layers of was, sealant etc.

Comment

To be honest any polishing over wax etc will remove it yes of course because its abrasive and there is zero point doing it anyway as wax needs to be relivened by quick detailer like Mr Sheen on a dark wood table.

Its advisable once a year usually march time to redo anyway i believe , full clay to remove a years clearcoat contamination and then polish and wax... I will redo mine probably in 6 months..

You have alot of collonite on too much if im honest and this may mask the paintwork slightly because if you look at colly its very milky and gloopy compared to a high end wax , i believe if you strip off , hd cleanse and apply say supernatural in 5 layers you will see a much better result..

You may win the competition yet so you will have a choice of the dodo,s to choose from.
          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
            Jetseal will give the car a sterile but highly reflective look well best possible on white and wax will give the car a wet look which i would advise for you..

If you can afford £65 get dodo supernatural looks great on white if not colly will do but you will lose a touch of bling as its swaying on the protective side than wetness...
            £65 i was going to buy it for £95 where is this please vxrmarc

Comment

Originally posted by vxrclass View Post
              £65 i was going to buy it for £95 where is this please vxrmarc
              The £65 dodo juice supernatural is in a plastic tub, the £95 one is in a wooden tub and is the lastest version.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                To be honest any polishing over wax etc will remove it yes of course because its abrasive and there is zero point doing it anyway as wax needs to be relivened by quick detailer like Mr Sheen on a dark wood table.

Its advisable once a year usually march time to redo anyway i believe , full clay to remove a years clearcoat contamination and then polish and wax... I will redo mine probably in 6 months..

You have alot of collonite on too much if im honest and this may mask the paintwork slightly because if you look at colly its very milky and gloopy compared to a high end wax , i believe if you strip off , hd cleanse and apply say supernatural in 5 layers you will see a much better result..

You may win the competition yet so you will have a choice of the dodo,s to choose from.
                Cheers mark,

Ive never used collonite though, only Petes 53 at the moment. And yes, hopefully i might have some dodo juice on the way!

Comment

marc, can you do me a favour mate

and list a nice wash shampoo, wax and sealant preferably all chemical guys please cheers mate seeing as you know bit more than me lol

i take it wax is put on first before sealant? also wanna do the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    The £65 dodo juice supernatural is in a plastic tub, the £95 one is in a wooden tub and is the lastest version.
                    Thanks nearly paid £30 for a wooden tub

Comment

Originally posted by vxrclass View Post
                      Thanks nearly paid £30 for a wooden tub
                      The wooden tub is better and the newer version hence why its more.

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                        marc, can you do me a favour mate

and list a nice wash shampoo, wax and sealant preferably all chemical guys please cheers mate seeing as you know bit more than me lol

i take it wax is put on first before sealant? also wanna do the wheels
                        Depends how much you want to spend.

Buy yourself a nice sheep wool mitt and two buckets with grit guards.

Shampoo go for Maxi Sudds II

Sealant you want Jetseal 109

Wax, again depends how much you want to spend but id say 50/50 wax is a good choice.

All the above can be brought from chemical guys but id also recommend getting a glaze to enhance the look. The glaze goes on after the polish and before the sealant and then after the sealant and before the wax, so:

wash
                        clay - if needed
                        wash
                        dry
                        polish
                        glaze
                        sealant x 2
                        glaze
                        wax

Comment

Or this which ive just won and rather embarrased about it as fridge cant squeeze it in.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Natures_...ax_p/n_001.htm

although 50/50 is very very good.
                          HeavenlyDetail

Comment

ok well ive decided on jetseal whats the best thing to use on the burg wheels to ensure no dust sticks and i can simply rinse it off?

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                              ok well ive decided on jetseal whats the best thing to use on the burg wheels to ensure no dust sticks and i can simply rinse it off?
                              jetseal
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X