X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have polish on the plastic bit of my car *gasp*

How do i remove it?

Take it its on the exterior of the car, like the wingmirrirs where i always get it.

Try some all purpose cleaner but failing that a small, and i mean small amount of white spirit will get it off....

Comment

Which plastic bit are you on about? Most of it is colour coded to the car.
      sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Originally posted by Keith.Nor View Post
        Which plastic bit are you on about? Most of it is colour coded to the car.
        Could be:

honey comb under V grill
        honey comb on bottom splitter
        honey comb around fog lamps
        honey comb strips on rear bumper
        Wingmirrors
        Rear windscreen wiper
        aerial mount
        seals around the doors
        plastic around bottom for front windscreen

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
          Could be:

honey comb under V grill
          honey comb on bottom splitter
          honey comb around fog lamps
          honey comb strips on rear bumper
          Wingmirrors
          Rear windscreen wiper
          aerial mount
          seals around the doors
          plastic around bottom for front windscreen
          OK Jay, I stand corrected, thats why I asked which bit., lol
          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

I Got Some Polish On Roof Strip On My Corsa

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_Vxr View Post
              I Got Some Polish On Roof Strip On My Corsa
              Could you clarify this as i havent got a corsa. I thought the roof strips on the corsa were colour coded like the astra. Try doing what i put above, try some all purpose cleaner first using abit of elbow grease should get it off, if not try some white spirit, i have done in the oast and its no affected the plastic at all.

Comment

I heard a while ago that Peanut butter is the stuff to use, tried it and it was awsome! Removed all polish etc off the exterior plastic

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post
                  I heard a while ago that Peanut butter is the stuff to use, tried it and it was awsome! Removed all polish etc off the exterior plastic
                  Really, you live and learn, might try some Jam then with the peanut butter, should be out of this world then!

Comment

peanut butter, cooking oil or AG glass cleaner will do the trick sometimes wd40 removes it
                    Astra VXR, Power Red with Hints of Gloss Black and the full PPP setup...... NOW GONE
                    Mazda 3 MPS Aluminum silver. Standard for now......
                    Astra CDTI 200 bhp No smoke No poke!!

If in Doubt Flat Out 'Colin Macrae'

Comment

do you have to lick the peanut butter off afterwards ???? might try it with all my car

seriuosly though, some good tips there
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

ahhh peanut butter,needs abit of brown sauce on it aswell

Comment

I use a purpose made sponge from MEGUIARS,it acts likea pencil rubber,but doesn't damage the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by tjay View Post
                            I use a purpose made sponge from MEGUIARS,it acts likea pencil rubber,but doesn't damage the plastic.
                            you got a link to one of these pal as i wouldnt mind having one

Comment

Originally posted by worsy View Post
                              do you have to lick the peanut butter off afterwards ???? might try it with all my car

seriuosly though, some good tips there
                              Try putting some carling lager over the affected area and then licking it off.........ummmmmm........

Comment

Working...
                              X