This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs swirl and scratch remover

Got hold of sum of this yesterday just had a quick test of it on the one panel.. coudnt notice much difference to be honest AND applied it to the bonnet let if buff up went to rub it off with microfibre cloth and it was rock hard to get off had to really use force to remove it...actually thort it wudnt come off for a sec.

also got a megs waffle towel and didnt think that was any gud neither... used to use a leather chamois and found that easier to use but it can cause scratches so will have to get used to the megs towel i guess.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Megs ScratchX? You dont leave it on, remove immediately you think its been worked as much as it'll take! You might need a number of applications and a harder foam applicator to get the best results but even so you might only notice a slight improvement at best....machine polishing will yield much better results!
    ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

nah didnt leave it in like polish was doin my bonnet applied it to the bonnet then went to buff it off and it was real hard to get off
      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
        nah didnt leave it in like polish was doin my bonnet applied it to the bonnet then went to buff it off and it was real hard to get off
        I fid the same problem with some polishers, can be a nightmare to get off. Ive found though it tends to be when too much has been applied and not worked in correctly.

Comment

have had no trubs using mine at all!
          Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Can be alot to do with the weather as well. Has been very cold which makes it a hell of a lot harder to get polish off

I also have the megs towl and it really is c***. I now the the auto glym towel and it is alot better but still not as good as a leather chamois

Comment

which megs towel are you on about?? i have the water magnet 1 and is loads better than a leather chamois IMO

Comment

I thnk it's the water magnet one i have. Maybe worth giving it another go. I sort of used it once and it stayed in the shed

Comment

I have a Water Magnet but find i dont really use it, prefer the Sonus Der Wunder i also have.
                  ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

try one section at a time and not the whole bonnet , also don`t use too much ,
                    have you tried autoglym super resin polish as i find it`s great for minor swirles and minor scratches plus quite easy to use

Comment

Like has been said above many things affect the polish:

Wheather - if its very cold then it takes longer for the polish to haze up, you will have the opposite problem in the summer when it dries to quickly some times.

If you leave the polish on for too long it could make it hard to get off especially if it is designed to be applied and buffed off almost stright away.

If you dont work the polish enough for it to break down.

If you use to much polish it can be a right nightmare to get off and ive done this by mistake in the past.

Cloths your using to get the polish off, some are better than others. A more open weave microfibre cloth my get it off if your having problems and then use a fine microfibre cloth to buff off.

Comment

Got hold of sum of this yesterday just had a quick test of it on the one panel.. coudnt notice much difference to be honest AND applied it to the bonnet let if buff up went to rub it off with microfibre cloth and it was rock hard to get off had to really use force to remove it...actually thort it wudnt come off for a sec.

also got a megs waffle towel and didnt think that was any gud neither... used to use a leather chamois and found that easier to use but it can cause scratches so will have to get used to the megs towel i guess.
                        I've got that towel too and i thought it was pants at first but i love it now. I've found that you have to go over each panel at least 3 times, wringing out after each pass. Because its so big, it takes some wringing out but if you fold it in half, then half again, then half again so you've got a strip full width but about 3-4 inches in the other direction. You then wring out the towel about 5 times along its length and seems to work. Its a bit more effort than with a chamois but like you say, much less scratchy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X