Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Marc (LOL car sitting still for 6 months)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Marc (LOL car sitting still for 6 months)

what should i do to store it well? is there any durable waxes that will last close to 6 months? should i cover it? its being stored indoors

sigpic

are you getting someon to start it up for you weekly? as its not a good idea to leave it that long with out starting... ive had to leave mine for 4 months, and im worried that i might have problems when i get back.
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
      are you getting someon to start it up for you weekly? as its not a good idea to leave it that long with out starting... ive had to leave mine for 4 months, and im worried that i might have problems when i get back.

yea mate! its staying at janspeed and getting a few bits while im gone?

how come ya pulled a 4 monther?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
        yea mate! its staying at janspeed and getting a few bits while im gone?

how come ya pulled a 4 monther?
        prob RAF they only do 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by matty3649 View Post
          So do burglars LOL

Comment

i'll look after it for you

no charge!!

Comment

collonite 476 is your best bet , id get 3 or 4 layers on if you can 24hrs apart and it will be fine....Id also invest in some swissvax pneu and do all the rubber seals with it and wiper blades aswell as these will then be well protected.
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by matty3649 View Post

cheekky fooker!!!! im no raf scum! haha.. thats when im home for R&R.
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

If its been stored inside as well invest in a soft car cover.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                    cheekky fooker!!!! im no raf scum! haha.. thats when im home for R&R.
                    Now now, you all do a good job , no matter what service it is.
                    sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

I found Zaino All in one with a top layer of Zaino Clearseal and odd top ups with Zaino Z8 after washes to be very durable....my Burg was wearing this for 6 months and there was pretty much zero tar stuck to it, muck just doesnt stick to Zaino! I had the odd stuck on spots including orange rust like contamination on the boot lid and rear bumper but a bit of claying removed that no problem.
                      I found the Zaino lasted alot longer and muck just didnt stick easily compared to a couple of layers of Collinite 476S i had on my Focus ST.
                      I've had the car in the garage for the last few weeks giving it a winter clean...clay and reapply the Zaino, wheels off etc etc so i'm quite aware how good the Zaino has been.
                      Zaino Z2 + ZFX for a few layers would be a good alternative and its something i'm going to try for the summer clean come Spring.
                      ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

Hence my 51 layers
                        HeavenlyDetail
                        Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                          what should i do to store it well? is there any durable waxes that will last close to 6 months? should i cover it? its being stored indoors
                          sell it to me

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
                            sell it to me

lol its staying with janspeed and shall be a different car when im back

sigpic

Comment

The mates evo in its "bubble" complete with extractors lol

Comment

Working...
                              X