This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirt wont come off

i ve just cleaned the car an i cant shift the dirt off the alloys.i know im for changing the wheels soon but until i do i still want clean white 1s.its looks as if its turning yellow an it wont shift.i dont use any alloy wheel cleaning products just megiaurs gold class shampoo an brush also tried microfibre cloth an mitt.the car is cleaned at least once a week an they also had a few coats of polish at a time.i will get sum pics up later.any suggestions on how to get it off
    sigpic

try alloy cleaner

i got told that works good

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr-Kerry View Post
      try alloy cleaner

lol need to be a bit more specific huni haha

Ave got auto glym alloy wheel cleaner and a wee paint brush its really easy to get the hard to clean bits off, dont leave it on your wheels too long tho because it smells quite strong but ave been using it for months with no probs only bout £5 from halfords a think
      sigpic
      Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
      And now have an
      Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
      Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr-Kerry View Post
        try alloy cleaner

i would try that but i think the detailing experts(vxrmarc etc)dont recomend using it as it can be bad for the alloy,but the way they are im going to have to try sumting like that thx
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post

Ave got auto glym alloy wheel cleaner and a wee paint brush its really easy to get the hard to clean bits off, dont leave it on your wheels too long tho because it smells quite strong but ave been using it for months with no probs only bout £5 from halfords a think
          Use what brian uses its good his wheels are shiney :

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post

im in the process of putting pics up,might give that a try though thx
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tigertin25 View Post
              i would try that but i think the detailing experts(vxrmarc etc)dont recomend using it as it can be bad for the alloy,but the way they are im going to have to try sumting like that thx
              Yea mate your right some of the stuff will damage the wheels but trust me ave been using this since a got the car and not a mark on the wheels, they look like new when a clean them, all a do is spray on and brush them then hose it off.
              sigpic
              Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
              And now have an
              Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
              Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

If it really stubburn marks such as brake dust, use some clay that will remove it.

Paul

Comment

As above.

It sounds like you havent been getting all the break dust of the alloys when you have been cleaning them before and the dust is now attacking the alloys turning them the yellow colour, had this on my last car.

Try some strong citrus degreaser on the alloys, leave a couple of minutes to soak, rinse off, use some clay and lube and that should get it all off.

Comment

thx for the help guys a gals going to get some stuff use have recomended an ill let you know how it goes thx
                    sigpic

Comment

Agree with above but i will add do not try and scrap off the black pitts in the burg wheel creases because these wheels mark so easily and you will scratch them badly because i tried this before my wheels went off for respraying and they scratched badly , clay but clay well with loads of lube.
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

don`t forget that once you finally got them clean again to put some protection on them , once protected you`ll find the next time you clean them you`ll only need soapy water , i`m in middle of using mer polish on the wheels at the moment , i`m using this just till it runs out but i must admit it gives the wheels a good shine plus makes cleaning easier the next time round

Comment

i have some new alloys but before i put them on they will be treated with a zaino polish and finished with zanio cs seal!

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                            i have some new alloys but before i put them on they will be treated with a zaino polish and finished with zanio cs seal!
                            Sounds good.

All the alloys need is a good clean to get rid of any contaminants, a layer of sealant and some wax and its makes it so much easier to clean them in the future and keeps them protected.

Comment

not cleaned mine for 6 weeks now due to being overworked , if its not raining tomorrow i`ll be giving it a good once ove with some before , during and after pics of wheels , bare in mind i`m no detailer , just your average vxr owner who`s picked up advice from guys on here ,

Comment

Working...
                              X