Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Valeting - Ending the year with a TT Show Car DODO JUICE CORRECTION DETAIL

Finally getting round to doing a write up for this the last detail of 2008.

And what a stunner it was a TT Show car, going to be used as a JL Audio demo car and also a feature coming up in Redline too.

Arrived yesterday morning at around 7:30, the TT was brought out the garage to start the washing.

Firstly the wheels were sprayed with some smart wheels and the tyres with some g101 this was left for 5 mins and then agitated using some envy brushes/EZ Detail brush.

Next up was some citrus de-greaser this was sprayed to all the lowers and left for a few mins before rinsing off, then all the shuts were cleaned using some g101 too.

Then out came a snowfoam mix of some g101 to help remove the old protection, this was lef to dwell for 5 mins before rinsing.

Then the car was washed using some Dodo born to be mild shampoo and a z sponge.

The car was then clayed using some sonus green and some last touch as lube.

Before a quick final wash and drying using my Race Valeting Ultimate Water Guzzler Drying towel and some megs final inspection as a drying aid.

Then the car was taken in the garage ready for correction.

Its was looking very sorry for its self really, with some bad swirling and scratches.

Out came the Makita and my pad/polish collection, I firstly started if with 3 blobs of megs 83 and 1 blob of megs 80 on a megs polishing pad.

This was working magic on such tough paint,
    2x passes at 600 to spread
    2x passes at 900
    4x passes at 1500 to break the polish down
    4x passes at 2000 acheiving correction here
    3x passes at 1200
    2x passes at 600 refining the finish.

50/50

corrected

After 7 hrs machining, then IPA'd and then LP Lite followed by 2x coats of Dodo Supernatural it was looking like this.

The tyres were dressed using espuma rd-50 and the exhuasted polished using some megs nxt.

Then the interior was hoovered and the dashed cleaned and the seats cleaned/conditioned and all the glass was cleaned.

The engine bay was also cleaned and dressed.

After 11hrs I was well shattered and happy to be in my nice warm van heading home

Thanks for reading Paul.

Lovely car that, and a hell of a lot of effort required to put it right! I think I recognise the number plate too. He used to be a regular on Astra Sport, I think he used to have an Astra GSi

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post
      Lovely car that, and a hell of a lot of effort required to put it right! I think I recognise the number plate too. He used to be a regular on Astra Sport, I think he used to have an Astra GSi
      Thats the fella Rob

He had a candy apple TT show car also before this also featured in Redline too.

Paul

Comment

hi pal, lovely job just a question, what do you mean by a pass with the polisher??
        sorry if it seems thick but am not sure mate
        saw, test drove, bought- then crashed!! just jokin(touching wood!) crappin mysen na! seriously i just nipped a bit out...

Comment

Originally posted by bluethunder View Post
          hi pal, lovely job just a question, what do you mean by a pass with the polisher??
          sorry if it seems thick but am not sure mate
          No thats not a stupid Q mate,

When machining you move the polisher in motions like left/right then back/forth these are called passes.

Paul

Comment

oh ok pal cheers, say you were doin a 1/4 of a bonnet at a time would one pass be braking the polish down completely on the 1/4 or just a single time across the surface if you know what i mean? lol
            cheers,
            steve
            saw, test drove, bought- then crashed!! just jokin(touching wood!) crappin mysen na! seriously i just nipped a bit out...

Comment

nice job mate, ive got an arden blue astra vxr 2005 model so the paint has suffered from light to moderate swirl from the previous user, i am a panel beater painter to trade so i have all sorts of tricks and i am a dab hand with the polisher but as you and i know that with some polishing compound when you wash the car with a hot wash and the chemicals they use in a garage it tends to strip all the work that you have done off and it ends up back to square one.

Im a major fan of the dodo juice range and have most of it as it worked wonders on my solid black ibiza cupra i had. (purple haze)

Is there a compound (or dodo juice product) that i can use that will almost smooth the top coat to remove the swirl and stop it from coming back?

Ive got a pamflit of 3000 wet and dry there for the major swirls, they are like its been created by driving down the side of a bush all the time, i think the previous owner lived in the woods!

PS something to try out, as bizzare as it sounds the blue dodo hard wax i use it on my windows both inside and out and its the best window cleaner i have found, it even takes longer for the frost to build up and easier to scrap the ice iff the window. I tried it and tried other wax's on the other windows and its seems pretty good.

Comment

BUMP mr race valet

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                  nice job mate, ive got an arden blue astra vxr 2005 model so the paint has suffered from light to moderate swirl from the previous user, i am a panel beater painter to trade so i have all sorts of tricks and i am a dab hand with the polisher but as you and i know that with some polishing compound when you wash the car with a hot wash and the chemicals they use in a garage it tends to strip all the work that you have done off and it ends up back to square one.

Im a major fan of the dodo juice range and have most of it as it worked wonders on my solid black ibiza cupra i had. (purple haze)

Is there a compound (or dodo juice product) that i can use that will almost smooth the top coat to remove the swirl and stop it from coming back?

Ive got a pamflit of 3000 wet and dry there for the major swirls, they are like its been created by driving down the side of a bush all the time, i think the previous owner lived in the woods!

PS something to try out, as bizzare as it sounds the blue dodo hard wax i use it on my windows both inside and out and its the best window cleaner i have found, it even takes longer for the frost to build up and easier to scrap the ice iff the window. I tried it and tried other wax's on the other windows and its seems pretty good.
                  Thanks for tip about the dodo wax on the windows,.

As for compound or dodo product to stop swirls re appearing there isn't anything to stop them just careful wash techniques and keeping the car topped up with good protection wax/sealant.

The passenger side of my van always gets some nice scratches do to having to drive down some norrow country lanes near where I live.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by race valeting View Post
                    Thanks for tip about the dodo wax on the windows,.

As for compound or dodo product to stop swirls re appearing there isn't anything to stop them just careful wash techniques and keeping the car topped up with good protection wax/sealant.

The passenger side of my van always gets some nice scratches do to having to drive down some norrow country lanes near where I live.

Paul
                    Thanks for getting back to me! Swirls are a nightmare!!

Comment

Working...
                    X