This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my products ready for tomorow

ok went to halfrauds to top up on the old cleaning products today for a cleaning session tomorow.

gonna wash with gold class shampoo/conditioner, rinse, dry with water magnet, clay with detailer, paint cleaner, polish, wax will get some pics after, and i have also bought a car cover to cover up after as im fed up with the dust. any more tips before i start like 2 bucket method etc
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Check the car cover details as they don't recommend covering car until it is at least 12 weeks old. Make sure to use 2 buckets too, just incase you didn't know :wink:

What you using to clean car, sponge or mitt?

Comment

i have a sponge that has a side which is microfibre and other side is like a mesh. why cant i cover the car tho

Comment

Not sure but the car cover says not to cover a new car for X amount of time. Probably to allow paint time to fully cure, or something like that?

As for your sponge, make sure it's silicone free, and try not to use the mesh side as this will likely inflict light marks in the paint.

Comment

my cars older than twelve weeks its about 6 months old do that will be fine wont it? ill use the microfibre side of the sponge then lol, the two bucket method is that, did in soap use, then rinse in clean water bucket

Comment

Given age then yeah it'll be fine. As for two bucket, yes 1 for soap water and 1 just for rinsing. Rinse sponge regularly, and check for particles on sponge before putting it anywhere near the car panels.

Ideally you should invest in something a bit better than the halfrauds cleaning implements, I use Zymol sponges now as both myself and Marc have found mitts retain too much dirt and other sponges are too harsh. You can get these for £3 each from cleanandshiny.co.uk

Comment

the cleaning products are megs

Comment

Megs sponge should be fine :wink:

Comment

ok gonna be cleaning today, anything special i can use to clean engine bay or is it just a damp cloth needed

Comment

I know this sounds **** but rub your car cover on a cd because i believe it WILL scratch the clearcoat because this car needs pampering to keep scratch and swirl free!!!!!!
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                    X