This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric polishers

do these bring the car up really good then seen one on cleanandshiny.co.uk £175 any cheaper ones about ? i take it the polish/paint cleaner which ever stage at is squirted on the buffing pad and then used gently
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

You must be very careful how and what you use as it is possible to polish all the paint off

If you get one, start with a very low speed, gentel pad and low abrasive, only use harsher compounds/pads if you are experienced, and really have to.

The polish is applied direct to pad, then dabbed across the panels so that it is evenly spread during the process. You then have to make sure that you do not apply too much pressure otherwise the pad can heat up and effectively burn the paint.

I would suggest getting some old car panels and play around with it before going anywhere near a proper car.

Comment

hmmm lol think ill leave that one then, can last touch be used on glass aswell ie windows
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Yes but I would recommend http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...ProductID=9196

Makes 11 gallons of the stuff and works wonders. No smears. Simply apply, wipe down, let it dry a little then buff and no streaks. If glass is really bad then polish it with:
        http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...roductID=10156
        Great results and easy to use.

Don't forget your megs glass cleaner spray bottle if you get it :wink:

Comment

BUT

If you read about it and learn you can do this

sigpic

Comment

Indeedy, but must be careful to start :wink:

Comment

Plenty of good info on "Detailing World", i have used a Porter Cable polisher since last august on my current car and am slowly removing some of the paint defects, the trick is to but the right polish etc for the paint on your car and be very very carefull.

As has been suggested, get a scrap panel to try it on or a mate with a crap car instead.

The PC makes it so easy to wax the car its untrue, and if you really want one import it from Autopia in the US of A.

Cheers
              AC

Comment

Working...
              X