This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel cleaner

im looking for a good wheel cleaner preferably megs which is not acidic and wont damage the wheels any pointers
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

http://www.cleanandshiney.co.uk/

Meguiars Wheel Brightener - 1 Gallon

sigpic

Comment

and that product is fairly kind is it.

Comment

it is indeed
        sigpic

Comment

Or use APC diluted :wink:

Comment

so i need to use one of the above then for the wheels as i have been paying loads of attention to bodywork and forgetting the wheels, also is there a product which removes tiny scratches on alloys too

Comment

Just clay and polish wheels as you would car :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by DargY
                http://www.cleanandshiney.co.uk/

Meguiars Wheel Brightener - 1 Gallon

Dargy sorry but this is acidic and will eat into wheel if any chips and possible milking!!!!

This is really to be used on heavily pitted wheels and not everyday use....

You want as just said megs apc diluted 4:1 and also sprayed into arches before a wash as will eat away the dirt nicely.........

I would REALLY...................................... recommend one of these wheel brushes...
                Yes i know they are not cheap and yes they look like a drumstick but NO OTHER wheel brush can reach to backs of wheels like these!!!!!!

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/wheelbrushkit.html

Just buy the large one as i have zymol wheel brush and all megs range and this is fantastic.......

I would not be without it!!!!

See it in my detail!!!!!
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Surely if you dilute it you will have no problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've been using meguiars nxt all metal polish after i've washed my wheels. Does anyone no if this is acidic cause if it is I'll bin it.

Comment

Dont know but dont bin it. I have it off you
                      sigpic

Comment

U should have just said that it was acidic but u would of disposed of it 4 me. Seriously though i'd be grateful if anyone does no if its acidic if they'd let me no.

Comment

I cant really see it being accidic but then again I thought Megs WB was ok.
                          sigpic

Comment

The NXT Metal All Metal Polish is exactly that a polish. It contains abrasives to remove dirt, grime and marring from metal surfaces, do not use on your alloys these are coated and you could induce scratches. Use mild car polish on wheels after cleaning (and only if necessary) and wax/seal them as normal :wink:

Comment

Only used em on my alloys once, wont be doin that again. Its a mine field this car cleaning molarky. I should just do what my dad does and use a sponge with fairy liquid . Right then I'll wash em wit meguiars apc and wax em wit ..................... please fill in the gap.

Comment

Working...
                              X