Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to protect my new car for the journy home?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to protect my new car for the journy home?

Ive recently ordered a Power Red VXR, and i will be picking it up some 250+ miles away from where i live.

Ive heard the paint is quite soft and thin compared to other manufacturers, and am quite worried that im gonna get home with a thousand tiny dots all over my bonnet.

Im considering, taking down some wax etc, and when ive picked it up, taking it to a jet wash, cleaning it, drying it, and slapping on as much wax or something that i can, to try and keep the paint as protected as possible until i get home where i can properly detail and protect my car.

Any advice on this, as to what is the best method of proteting the paint in this space of time?

Ive looked through the various guides, but have only really seen that sealants and waxes offer protection from the elements and dirt, but would they also give a small barrier to tiny bits of stone?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest most won't make a big difference, only very high carnauba based waxes will and even then it's still a debatable subject.

Best thing to do is keep distance from other cars and try to avoid roads with loose gravel. Long term it might be worth investing in armourguard/paintshield.

Comment

I had the same thoughts upon picking my car up and driving 350 miles next day without protection....

I rattled my brain and tried paintwork taping sheeting across front bumper and even third bonnet but realised that apart from looking a complete **** it would come off after 40 mph.....

So just drive with distance and common sense and you will be fine....

BUT

Yes if you do get a good 4 or 5 layers of wax on car it really helps as i still have no marks on front at all and have done over 2000 miles now...
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Yeh but that 2000 miles is only driving in and out of the garage to wash it.

Comment

HeavenlyDetail
          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
          X