This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porter 7424

Got my porter today how do i get it work over here it has a 2 pin plug do i cut
    that one off and put the round 110 one on???HELP
    sigpic

You need to cut that two pin plug off and fit a 110v plug.
    You'll also need a 110v Transformer and a 110v extension lead.
    These are available from
    Here

Others may advise on which Transformer's required KVA rating etc as I don't have a PC myself.
    HTH

Comment

Ah yes you will need a 110 convertor with suitable wattage (blew my first one , cheapo plug convertor from Maplin with only 45 watt rating ). I'd recommend this http://www.beststuff.co.uk/pbright_vc750.htm. Costs 54.99 (including delivery) but it's the cheapest I could find that had the appropriate wattage and doesn't require changing the plug from that on the PC. Ordered mine and it arrived about 3 days later - good service from the site and they even emailed me to check when was best to deliver as it's done by courier and needs to be signed for.

Comment

That link is not working
        sigpic

Comment

Ah, yes. I forgot that along with the goofy steering wheel placement, you guys have that goofy electricity/voltage/wattage thing. :P

Comment

Soz not sure why try this http://www.beststuff.co.uk/voltage_conversion.htm and look for for the 750 step down converter for 54.99 :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by sparticus
              Ah, yes. I forgot that along with the goofy steering wheel placement, you guys have that goofy electricity/voltage/wattage thing. :P
              Don't forget NTSC vs PAL either

Oh, do you know what a roundabout is as well

Comment

Oh dont forget we have a garage and they have a carport big enough for a car and suv.......and a workshop...

Hence someone posted on autopia....."geeeezzz...look at the size of the port he,s working out of????"
                HeavenlyDetail
                Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi

I have never experienced a roundabout, but wifezilla did when she was out there last November and got sick as a dog in the taxi She said the dude was doing like, 50, and had to go around three or four times because the idiot kept missing the turnoff.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                    Oh dont forget we have a garage and they have a carport big enough for a car and suv.......and a workshop...

Hence someone posted on autopia....."geeeezzz...look at the size of the port he,s working out of????"
                    We just bought a new house, and my ONLY requirement was a three car garage. Am putting cabinets and a floor in it this week. Will get pics up when I'm done. I actually love it more than the house itself

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc

We just bought a new house, and my ONLY requirement was a three car garage. Am putting cabinets and a floor in it this week. Will get pics up when I'm done. I actually love it more than the house itself
                      My father works in texas and surrounding areas and always tells me that everyone has to have a workshop.....Its tradition!!!! :wink:
                      HeavenlyDetail
                      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I have never experienced a roundabout, but wifezilla did when she was out there last November and got sick as a dog in the taxi She said the dude was doing like, 50, and had to go around three or four times because the idiot kept missing the turnoff.
                        You should see the magic roundabout at heathrow - it's a main roundabout with 5 mini roundabouts as it's exits It's called the magic roundabout due to the amount of americans that get stuck on it and can't find their way off

Comment

That would be me. After about the fifth time around, I'd finally say "I know I've seen this section before."

Comment

That would be me. After about the fifth time around, I'd finally say "I know I've seen this section before."
                            I'll wave at you next time I'm there

Comment

You should see the magic roundabout at heathrow - it's a main roundabout with 5 mini roundabouts as it's exits It's called the magic roundabout due to the amount of americans that get stuck on it and can't find their way off
                              is that not at hemel hempstead ??? http://www.hemelweb.demon.co.uk/history.htm its great when your in a big van
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X