This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wax?

Wanting to get my cleaning products sorted. Out with the old, in with the new etc, so i know ive got everything i want all in one place.

The only thing thats causing me some problems is the choice of which particular wax to use. At the moment im still using my old Meguiars Stage 3 Carnauba Wax, but im wanting to try some of the paste style waxes that can be applied by hand.

Theres a few i have seen, and am interested in, but what benefits do they actually have?

1. Victoria Wax Councours Red - This says its good for darker coloured cars, deep reds, greens, blues, blacks etc.

2. P21S - Again, a good popular wax, that a lot of reviews said it is very easy to apply and buff off.

3. Zymol Carbon Wax - Says similar to the other 2, but is twice the price.

4. Zymol Rouge Wax - This is meant to be specifically for red, non-metalic paints, which intetersts me (Power Red VXR), and i think will last me a long time if i get it.

Any advice on which wax would be better for a Power Red VXR. Driven daily, parked in a carport, washed regularly.

Thanks

I go for this:

Called: 50/50 Connoisseur Paste Wax LTD edition

Its carnauba content it very high. I can't give a percentage but its higher than a lot of zymol products that would cost £100+

Heres how it looks

sigpic

Comment

Impressive

Thx. Do u buff the wax off by hand, or use a machine?

Comment

Check out the my thread with the pics of my ride after some friends and I went to town on it. They used Zaino products on it. Don't know if you guys have ever heard of that one. All the Viper, BMW M guys, and Corvette guys go CRAZY over that stuff over here. Does NOT offer a lot of protection, but you can't beat the looks of it on a dark car, and it last's at least two or three washes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue
          Impressive

Thx. Do u buff the wax off by hand, or use a machine?
          Apply by hand with a foam pad and just buff off which a microfibre. Great stuff.

It has 2 layers on at the moment.
          sigpic

Comment

Have to agree with sparticus.....

First what sort of longevity do you want from this product and how often do you want to detail the car.....

The thing is a good wax is a good wax and any car with any wax on properly detailed will look great but there are sealents aswell....

I my opinion and probably sparticus,s Zaino is the best there is....

http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/products.asp?cat=11

SEE HERE:http:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...zaino&start=30

Bear in mind the above comparison is against a £7000 wax!!

I have bought zaino z1 and z2pro aswell as a charging kit called zfx which is basically a catalyst that speeds up process to give you more than 1 layer in 24 hours.....

As you will see on above thread compared alongside a top end wax there is little difference apart from the fact it will last 3 times as long all in all for £50!!!!!

Seriously consider it before buying carnauba ........

If you want to go the carnauba route i always say concours by zymol simply because i have used nearly all their waxes now and own a few but again as dargy said p21,s etc are good waxes except they will contaminate easier and the beading properties will not last as long...
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Marc your a Zymol snob
              There's lots of really good waxes out there, when applied correctly will match and even produce better visual looks than Zymol products. Zymol is pure snobbery, nothing wrong with the product but the prices are simply a rip off.
              Victoria wax, P21S and CG's are all good waxes

Comment

No you are right robbie , i do get taken along with the bandwagon abit :wink:

But i do like souveran and p21 and really like my Zaino......

What are your thoughts on Zaino robbie?
                HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                  No you are right robbie , i do get taken along with the bandwagon abit :wink:

But i do like souveran and p21 and really like my Zaino......

What are your thoughts on Zaino robbie?
                  I've found it to be OK, excellent for looks but poor for durability, again there are better products out there that achieve both looks and durability.

I've gone a bit Chem Guys mad lately and have been using their products quite a bit, hard to find fault with most products. XXX Hardcore Wax has had a beating lately, great visuals and durability

Comment

Well that really surprises me as together with a few friends testing zaino z2pro it has lasted right through 6 months and still as good as when applied.......Think glynnrs and neil_s...Together they have had zaino on for ages and cant fault it .....

I have been really impressed with it robbie

BUT

you have tested all the chem guys , etc and therefore your product knowledge of some of these is superior to mine and i respect that......

I have heard that chem guys products are really going up a notch.....

Having a meal with john (c&s) tuesday so will pick his brains about these products and maybe will try some.....

Gotta get off this zymol trip!!! :wink:
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Thanks for the info guys As u can tell, im still very new to this, but want to get it right, from the start.

I was aiming to give it a big detail every couple of months ie claying, polishing etc etc, but i was thinking of washing and waxing it weekly, or every other week.

The thing that puzzles me also is.....if my car is dirty, and i wash it, will this take off my wax/sealant? If so i would prolly was the car, then give a couple of layers of wax, every week or 2.

I have been reading up on sealants too. They seem to offer longer lasting protection, and protection is primarily what i want. My car will most likely get pooped on by birds quite a lot due to a damn annoyingly places phone cable above my driveway.

Also read that if the match is correct, i can use a sealant, then give it a layer or 2 of wax on top of the sealant, but not the other way round.

PS, if i was washing and waxing weekly, would the wax's durability be fine for me?

Ty for help

Comment

Then i would say go for a sealent.... :wink:
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Thanks m8, more questions .... :P

This Zymol Rouge, says wax etc, but comes under the 'Glazes and Sealants' category.

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Produ...ProductID=9995

And would it really benefit my car being red?

Comment

Working...
                          X