This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow lance incorrectly working????

I got my lance about a month ago and when i first started using it i thought that the stop start spraying was just normal, but after watching a few youtube clips and seeing other lances spraying a constant heavy foam i now figure that mine is either faulty or i'm doing something wrong!?

anybody shed some info?

This is the lance in question....Snow lance

are you building enough pressure on the supply line, mine sometimes does this when i dont have enough pressure
    Whats next?!?!?

Comment

try turning the nozzle at the front so it is open slightly
      sigpic
      ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

Tried turning the nozzle and still get the same results. As for the pressure it's a outside tap and must confess it's not the most powerful. Maybe thats my problem.

Comment

get yourself a power washer , 10 times better

Comment

Yeah i have a power washer and using the snow lance on the end of the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by jester212 View Post
              Yeah i have a power washer and using the snow lance on the end of the gun.
              Must be a faulty unit then as the pressure washer will take the water from the tap and then pressurise it in the unit and then release it through the gun and snow foam lance - this is the same for all pressure washer. Possibly one of the following problems:

1/ Faulty snowfoam lance
              2/ Faulty pressure washer
              3/ Not enough water coming through the tap to allow the pressure washer to function properly

Comment

Jester.............I have a karcher 4040 and i was getting the same problem ie pressure fluctuating and not allowing the foam lance to operate properly/consistently................took the karcher in to get serviced and was told that its a common fault. a hairline crack in a plastic pipe joint caused by frost (more likely a badly made part as my karcher has never been left out and always gets emptied after use).................cost me £40 iirc, so just waiting on it cracking again
                dont know if its a karcher you have but i would imagine the same problem exists on other pressure washers.
                ps someone on here works for karcher if your in the market for a new one
                Son of the Clyde a roaming went
                Sinned aplenty, much to repent
                loved and lost, gave and took
                Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                  Jester.............I have a karcher 4040 and i was getting the same problem ie pressure fluctuating and not allowing the foam lance to operate properly/consistently................took the karcher in to get serviced and was told that its a common fault. a hairline crack in a plastic pipe joint caused by frost (more likely a badly made part as my karcher has never been left out and always gets emptied after use).................cost me £40 iirc, so just waiting on it cracking again
                  dont know if its a karcher you have but i would imagine the same problem exists on other pressure washers.
                  ps someone on here works for karcher if your in the market for a new one
                  Yeah it's a Karcher i have. So would this hairline crack stop the pressure lance working?! As when i'm just using the washer everything is fine.

Comment

ah now that sounds different.................my karcher sounded normal when i turned it on but as soon as i pressed the trigger on the lance thats when the power/pressure started to fluctuate..............ie even with the trigger held in constantly the pressure came and went.
                    not sure about the science behind the foam lance but i think its a venturi valve which is the part that sucks the air in and creates the foam and when you turn the knob on top you are increasing or decreasing the amount of air....................someone will be along soon to correct me if im wrong but as far as i know there isnt much that can go wrong with the foam lance....... just realised you didnt say what lance youve got, so i feel a bit thick now lol.
                    anyway Marc on here is the expert in these things give him a quick pm im sure he will be able to advise................my moneys on a faulty karcher.

just found your piccy of lance....same as mine dont think it will be faulty but i may be wrong
                    Last edited by Red Rooster; 30 September 2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I might have a play about with the snow lance before i commit to buying a new pressure washer. Like i said i can use the washer perfectly on it's own but as soon as i attach the snow lance i get the problem of stop starting.

Comment

just had another thought....when i first got mine i had to take it apart and put ptf tape on the threaded part of the chrome pipe where it joins the valve, maybe thats an option..first couple of times i used mine i had snowfoam coming out towards me from that joint

Comment

Problem solved!!! Took the lance to bits, gave it a clean and re-thread taped all the connections. Working perfect now.

Comment

Ha ha glad we got there in the end without you buying a new karcher, happy cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                            X