X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda MX5 vrs Zaino - Lots of pictures

Hi peeps,

Well whilst Paul and Jen have been away in Germany having a play at the ring I have been having a play with Jen's black Mazda MX5. Jen has been wanting this done for some time now, just never got around to it until now. This took a couple of days as it needed a fair bit doing to it. So some before pictures:

The following process was then followed:

Car and wheels soak in a citrus degreaser and allowed to dwell of 5 minutes
    Rinsed
    Wheels cleaned with Bilberry wheel cleaner and then rinsed
    Car washed using 2 bucket method with Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild shampoo and a Z y m o l sponge
    Rinsed
    Clay with Sonus green clay and Dodo Juice Born Slippery clay lube. The clay after doing the roof and bonnet

7/ Car washed again as above
    8/ Dried using Dodo Juice drying towel

This left the car nice and clean but the paintwork was looking so flat, no reflection at all. To be honest i did expect this as the car is 8 years old. The sun wasnt out much but managed to get a few shots of the defects as below. The car was heavily swirled and had alot of scratchs but not too bad for its age, ive seen newer cars in far worse state:

Next the car was given a good polish using Menz's Power finish using a yellow Lake County pad. Car was polished a panel at a time and buffed off using a microfibre cloth. This had corrected the swirling and some of the scratchs but left the paintwork looking very dull. Next moved onto Men'z 3.02 with an orange Lake County pad, again did a panel at a time and buffed with a microfibre cloth. This soon got the shine back into the paintwork. Between each polish's the car was wiped down with IPA. Picture of the two polish's used:

Next applied Vertuabond to the car with a red Souns SFX-3 pad. This was to give the car a throughly clean surface for the Zaino to bond with. Again, the car was done a panel at a time and buffed with a micro fibre cloth. Next it was time for the Zaino Z2, rearly use this stuff as its not the cheapest stuff but goes very nice with black . Applied three layers of the Z2 using the ZFX accelerator kit. Each layer was left for an hour to cure and then buffed off with a microfibre cloth, between each layer the car was buffed with Zaino Z8. Picture of the Z2, Z8, ZFX kit and a mixed bottle of the Z2 with the ZFX kit, the small bottle did the car three times with some left over so goes along way:

After applying the three layers of Z2 the car was given a final wipe down with Z8. Next all the door shuts were cleaned with Meg's APC and Last Touch. The interior was hoovered out and the leather cleaned with Z y m o l leather cleaner and microfibre cloth. All glass was cleaned with meg's Glass Cleaner inside and out. Wheels were given two coates of Jetseal leaving an hour between layers to cure and then buffed with a microfibre cloth. All black trims and tyres had Chemical Guys New Look Trim gel applied to them, heres before an after pic, this stuffs great:

The final results, unfortunately the sun wasnt out:

Some crazy reflection shots when in the garage:

Just hope Jen's happy with the results

Thanks for looking and comments welcome as always

Jay

jay jens going to be well pleased with the car m8. some of your best work todate. as said jay your work is excellant .

Comment

Lovely job there matey.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmark View Post
        jay jens going to be well pleased with the car m8. some of your best work todate. as said jay your work is excellant .

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Really wish i had got some before and after pic's of the paintwork just to show how flat it was but hay ho, never mind. The cars killed my two Lake County pads and Sonus clay bar though

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
          Lovely job there matey.
          Cheers Si

Comment

some cracking results there jay you must be pleased
            sigpic

Astra Nurburgring Edition #095

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Griff View Post
              some cracking results there jay you must be pleased
              Yes mate im very happy with the results. Its a pitty that its a flat black paint rather than metallic as i suspect the results would have been even better if metallic with the flake in the paint. I think i got the most out of the paintwork that i could. The Menz's Power Gloss polish is awsome for removing defects such as hazing / swirling but needs to be followed up with a more refined polish which is what took the time. Just hope Jen likes it aswell.

Comment

you did great job Jay
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Nice work Jay, Power Gloss is SERIOUS cutting power.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by race valeting View Post
                    Nice work Jay, Power Gloss is SERIOUS cutting power.

Paul
                    Cheers Paul. Tell me about it, Power Gloss did the job great with about half the effort of just using 3.02 by itself. Deffinately wont be using it all the time but i think combining with the DA holds it back slightly from being too agressive. In either case it did the job great, just left the paintwork abit dull still but following it on with the 3.02 did the trick with brining back the shine.

Comment

cracking job mate, nice write up aswell

Comment

Cheers for all the comments guys. Been to see Paul and Jen today and Jen is very happy with the results

Comment

car looks stunning .....jen doesnt want to take it out the garage.....big thanks jay the car even looks better than when we got it over a year ago ..cheers mate
                          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                            car looks stunning .....jen doesnt want to take it out the garage.....big thanks jay the car even looks better than when we got it over a year ago ..cheers mate

Always a chore, never a pleasure...........or should that be the other way round

Only joking, was a pleasure mate

Comment

Top work Jay and nice to see another shiny MX5

Comment

Working...
                              X