This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid me

well decided to give the car a good wash today since it wasnt rainingso i got it all washed an dried an started on the windows,soi went round inside an out putting on the window cleaner,well what i thought was window cleaner,it turned out that it was actually the leather cleaner i was using
    so i waited ten minutes an buffed it off an to my suprize the windows are gleaming,now i have a feeling once water/rain hits them it could be funi use mer window cleaner an leather cleaner an the two bottles look identicalgo easy on me
    Last edited by tin545; 5 October 2009, 07:28 PM.
    sigpic

Oh dear. It will be interesting to see how it reacts in the rain and bad weather though, lol

Comment

You Already No What Stick Your Gonna Get From This!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Astra Nurburgring Edition #095

Comment

Doh....

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
          Oh dear. It will be interesting to see how it reacts in the rain and bad weather though, lol
          i swear jay they came up spotless iwas expecting a whole mess an having to wash it again
          Originally posted by Steve Griff View Post
          You Already No What Stick Your Gonna Get From This!!!!!!!!!!!
          yeah steve i know matei can handle it
          Originally posted by Nurb 536 View Post
          Doh....
          a real homer moment
          sigpic

Comment

i have ssen worse mate.

i know someone that was doing there windows while talking to a mate,
            guess what he put on all the windows before realising what he was putting on.

bumper gel, that was fun watching him trying to get all the smears off
            the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by braveheart View Post

i have ssen worse mate.

i know someone that was doing there windows while talking to a mate,
              guess what he put on all the windows before realising what he was putting on.

bumper gel, that was fun watching him trying to get all the smears off
              the windows.
              yeah im lucky it seemed to buf off ok an hasnt left any smears,although with some condensation tonight or some rain it might be different in the morning
              sigpic

Comment

you could always put the window cleaner on the leather that way it will even itself out

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
                  you could always put the window cleaner on the leather that way it will even itself out
                  it wouldnt suprize me if i have already hoggy
                  sigpic

Comment

oh dear lmao

could be worse..

My first go with a rotary polisher on a customers car resulted in my melting the paint off the front bumper!

Rotary+Heat+Paint= FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by VxrMike View Post
                      oh dear lmao

could be worse..

My first go with a rotary polisher on a customers car resulted in my melting the paint off the front bumper!

Rotary+Heat+Paint= FAIL
                      Thats not a good thing to post on a forum about paid work..... and hitting disaster

I've heard for worse so don't worry, will be interesting to see what happens though in the grotty weather.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by race valeting View Post
                        Thats not a good thing to post on a forum about paid work..... and hitting disaster

I've heard for worse so don't worry, will be interesting to see what happens though in the grotty weather.

Paul
                        There was never any intention to charge as it was a friend, and i ended up buying it, as i was polishing it to go up for sale.

Also, i'm not a detailer buy profession.

I do valet cars for friends and family, but i have never needed to go as far as polishing, as normally they just want it cleaned.

I did my friends Mondeo V6 recently and the results were tremendous.

The incident i had with my car was a long time ago, and the only error i have ever made, and it was when i was machining the front of the bonnet, the edge of the pad made contact with the bumper, and rippled the paint.

Live and learn!

Comment

Originally posted by race valeting View Post

Paul
                          ok update guys,do not use leather cleaner on the windows

the wipers are leaving a line were the wiper stops before coming back on its self,must be picking up some residue left over an its also smearing but does clear after a second or twoonce it drys up i will clean them again an i think ill stick to the window cleaner
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X