This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Protection Done

Well had a day to myself so decided to give the motor a good protection clean for the upcoming winter weather. I wont bore you with all the process you know my routine by now, lol.

After all the washing and prepping the car was machine polished with Menz Final Finish wiith the DA polisher. CG's Vertuabond was then applied to the car to ensure a very clean surface and then 3 x layers of Zaino Z2 Pro was applied leaving an hour between layers to cure and buffed between layers with Zaino Z8.

The car was polished again to give as good a finish as possible but i didnt really need to do any correction work hence the Final Finish polish which adds alot of gloss / shine to the car. Started at 10am and finished at 6pm and by this time the sun had gone in but heres some pictures:

May top this off with a layer of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro in the morning just for added protection. The pic's dont do much justice to be honest. Went to the supermarket with nice bright lighting and in the dark the ppaintwork looked like glass, came out to find a group of youths (nice ones) admiring the car :-) Thanks for looking
    Last edited by Jay; 13 October 2009, 09:47 PM.

Looking good again there Jay.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
      Looking good again there Jay.

Cheers mate. I like Zaino Z2 but its not my faviroute to be honest. I like the look you get from wax's, i find (personally) that it tends to darken the llook of the paintwork slightly which i like and give a nice glossy look. Z2 on the other hand really lightens the paintwork and gives great reflections but is very durable for the winter months......im never happy am i

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        Cheers mate. I like Zaino Z2 but its not my faviroute to be honest. I like the look you get from wax's, i find (personally) that it tends to darken the llook of the paintwork slightly which i like and give a nice glossy look. Z2 on the other hand really lightens the paintwork and gives great reflections but is very durable for the winter months......im never happy am i
        Think my paint looks gorgeous after a layer of HD wax but it takes so long to put on that i can't be bothered that often. Usually settle for a wash and QD which seems to keep it nice(ish). Suppose i should prepare it for winter too then.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
          Think my paint looks gorgeous after a layer of HD wax but it takes so long to put on that i can't be bothered that often. Usually settle for a wash and QD which seems to keep it nice(ish). Suppose i should prepare it for winter too then.

Ayyy, you want to be keeping all that hard work i put in protected Waxing doesnt take long, about an hour tops, i find it the best part myself

Comment

Looks nice fella, do you findusing Z-8 inbetween layers for wiping down is a wasta and you would be better with Z-6 and then use Z-8 as a final finish?

Comment

Originally posted by MerivaVXR View Post
              Looks nice fella, do you findusing Z-8 inbetween layers for wiping down is a wasta and you would be better with Z-6 and then use Z-8 as a final finish?
              Simple answer is that i dont have any Z6 mate but i only use a very small amount

Comment

top job mate
                WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Top quality job mate very nice indeed!

Comment

Nice job jay , id say ipa/water wipedowns between coats is more advisable than a quik detailer as i used to do this till was informed differently by the men who know more
                    HeavenlyDetail
                    Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

looks stunning jay

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                        Nice job jay , id say ipa/water wipedowns between coats is more advisable than a quik detailer as i used to do this till was informed differently by the men who know more
                        As you know i do the Z8 wipe down after speaking with you. Any reason as to why IPA is more advisable?

Comment

Looks mint mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                            Top quality job mate very nice indeed!
                            Originally posted by paulk View Post
                            top job mate
                            Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
                            looks stunning jay

Why thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              As you know i do the Z8 wipe down after speaking with you. Any reason as to why IPA is more advisable?
                              Because of the degreaseing properties , after testing some people found that it bonds better between layers if recleaned and prepped ready , and in essence it makes sense..
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X