This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning the engine bay

Do someone have any tips for me how to clean the engine bay?
    And what is a safe way to do this? Because i really don't like spraying a lot of water in the engine bay. To much electronics

I have a lot of sand and stuf on my hoses and around the struts etc. And the camshaft cover is a bit greasy. Especially near the oil pipe. (stil have to change it for a black silicone one.. but where to get?)

which cleaning products can i use? (wich are also for seal in the netherlands )

thanks in advance.

I just use an all prurpose cleaner and detailing brush and give it a hose down and then dry it off. All the electrics are protected anyway. Get the black silicon hose you want from Courts'

Comment

this will sound really odd but one thing i found out was that Autoglyms Custom Wheel Cleaner is good for this job!!

it seems to break-down grease nicely. Ive used it on my vxr engine bay and it cleaned up well! Plus its safe of metal & painted surfaces too. Concidering its a wheel cleaner it has a one of the lowest Acidity Counts on the market.

Comment

okey thanks. I will take a look here in the shops, to see what they've got..

I already have the silicone kit from courtney, but missing that one. I will search..

thnx

Comment

Working...
        X