This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best products for cleaning a black astra vxr

Like the title says guys im new to detailing and wondering what the best products are to achieve and shiny wet looking astra?

Let me know wat you guys like and would recommend?

cheers

Damian

2 x buckets with grit guards
    Lambs wool mit
    Snowfoam Lance and snowfoam
    Karcher power washer
    Shampoo - I'd recommend Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
    Drying towel
    Bilberry Wheel cleaner and detailing brush
    Polish - Auto Glym Super Resin Polish is a good all rounder
    Clenser - Dodo Juice Lime Prime
    Wax - Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro or Banana Armour
    Quick Detailer - Dodo Juice Red Mist or Zaino Z6
    Micro Fibre Cloths
    Chemical Guys New Trime Gel for plastics and tyre walls
    Meg's Glass Cleaner

Comment

wow cheers mate thats suum list.
      will get on it now tryin to find the bits off the net
      whats the best snow foam to get?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
        wow cheers mate thats suum list.
        will get on it now tryin to find the bits off the net
        whats the best snow foam to get?
        Just get the normal PH neutral shampoo.

I get most of my stuff from www.i4detailing.co.uk and use the discount code:

VXRonline

Comment

cheers bud, and lastly see to clean the interior, like seats and piano black trim and stuff what would you recommend for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
            cheers bud, and lastly see to clean the interior, like seats and piano black trim and stuff what would you recommend for that?
            Meg's APC (All Pupose Cleaner) for the dash, the quick detailers as listed above will be fine for the piano black, i actually wax those parts And for the leather i'd reccomed Zymol leather clenser. All applied with microfibre cloths

Comment

It all depends how far you want to go, if you just want to maintain it then some good wash kit would be the key, couple of buckets, lambs wool mit, PH neutral shampoo (id recommend the Dodo juice ones) a good drying towel and some QD.

If you want to really go to town on it get your credit card ready to take a beating

Comment

Originally posted by james b View Post
                It all depends how far you want to go, if you just want to maintain it then some good wash kit would be the key, couple of buckets, lambs wool mit, PH neutral shampoo (id recommend the Dodo juice ones) a good drying towel and some QD.

If you want to really go to town on it get your credit card ready to take a beating
                Agree but first you need to have something mon the car to maintain and using QD's isnt good for months on end, wax / sealants need to be re-applied

Comment

If you do nothing else but wash your car, then washing in a safe and proper manner and using a QD is better than a sunday splosh over with halfords shampoo and a sponge, you know what im saying. lets not pick holes.

We detail cars every day and take care of motors worth more than the average house in the UK id always properly detail a car wash clay machine polish (of some degree) pre wax. seal, and then maintenance would be up kept regarding the protection, but not every ones needs/wants are the same and not every one has the time or money to pump in to tones of detailing gear, i personally believe you should start at the basics and thats the wash stage, once you can maintain your cars finish properly by a carful wash procedure then go on to the rest. walk then run.

Best Snow foam is by far Bilthamber, hands down

(thats not a dig, i just thought i should justify where im coming from)
                  Last edited by james b; 13 November 2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

If you do nothing else but wash your car, then washing in a safe and proper manner and using a QD is better than a sunday splosh over with halfords shampoo and a sponge, you know what im saying. lets not pick holes.

We detail cars every day and take care of motors worth more than the average house in the UK id always properly detail a car wash clay machine polish (of some degree) pre wax. seal, and then maintenance would be up kept regarding the protection, but not every ones needs/wants are the same and not every one has the time or money to pump in to tones of detailing gear, i personally believe you should start at the basics and thats the wash stage, once you can maintain your cars finish properly by a carful wash procedure then go on to the rest. walk then run.

Best Snow foam is by far Bilthamber, hands down

(thats not a dig, i just thought i should justify where im coming from)
                    I know what you mean mate and some protection is better than none but for the sake oof £20 for some CG's Petes 53 wax its well worth it to just wash and wax

Comment

whats "QDS"?

Comment

Quick detailer, or quick detailing spray.

Comment

Quick detailer, or quick detailing spray.
                          ahhh cheers bud

Comment

Working...
                          X