This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicy Detailing vs Herc's Astra with Celeste Dettaglio

As you guys know by now I was asked by Ian aka Herc to give his car some desperately needed tender loving care. As he works down in Milton Keynes during the week his black astra sri 1.9 150 was starting to look a little sad (partlicularly more so as he was making it just that extra little bit dirty just for me )

So this is a few pictures of what the car looked like with the nice venom decals he added a while ago...

And this is how it arrived..... bonnet decals had been removed by Ian and he'd not had time to completely removed the roof and boot before I started

Nice bugs.....

I want these brakes.....

So before I could even get started on the detail I had to remove the rest of the decals.....originally managed to take them off but it was somebodies bright idea in the unit that it would be alot quicker with warm water. However after this was tried it did remove the decals but unfortunately left all the glue nice and thick on the paintwork of the roof.

Broke out the glue and tar remover and it was v e r y s l o w l y coming off

As there was quite a few bits of glue left and with the state of the car I decided to snow foam with the glue and tar removal in, plus it helped strip off any existing wax. The foam in the lance was a nice brown colour and not as thick as usual, plus the front end and wing mirrors were treated with Chemical Guys Bug and Tar Remover. Wheels cleaned with Bilberry and agitated with CG Gerbil wheel brush

Rinsed and then snow foamed with just Cherry

Rinsed again

The car was washed using 2BM, Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild Shampoo and Juicy Lambswool Wash Mitt

The car was then brought inside the unit wet and I proceeded to clay the car using Juicy yellow fine poly clay and Juicy Lube..

Top half not too bad...

Bottom half ....

Once completed the car was rinsed, re-washed using same method above and brought in and dried using CG Miracle Drying Towel

The car was then assessed to see what I'd let myself in for

The wings....

The sides...

The bonnet..

It seems like company Ian used to get the decals from actually cut them on the car and there are some nice straight cut marks down the bonnet, along the roof and some lovely deep ones on the top of the boot near the window :@

Oh and a cheeky one

Car all taped up and ready to go

That was the end of day one ...finished about 9pm

Day 2 ....the polishing begins

Test area conducted on the bonnet using a combination 3M polishes and hex logic pads, until I found a combination that I was happy with

50/50 on first pass on the bonnet

Needs refining more...the star marks the torch is showing up is micro maring from the polish and cutting pad

Bonnet after polishing...

Few more 50/50's as I worked around the car (first, second and third passes)

The passenger side of the car was proving to be rather difficult due to a respray around 8 months ago along the whole passenger side and rear quarter. The cloth just kept sticking when I wanted to wipe the polish residue/dust off.

Polishing continued for a further few days .....la de da, finishing Friday morning at 4am

Friday 8am....car taken outside for a snow foam down as it was quite dusty

Brought inside and dried off....treated with CG EZ Creme applied with a microfibre

The car was then given 2 coats of Celeste Dettaglio wax leaving for 30 minutes before buffing off and an hour before the next application. It was applied with a CG UFO applicator and buffed off with a Dri U Kwik Ultra Dense Cloth (sorry for pic quality - was quite tired)

Sills, Interior and leather was cleaned

Engine bay cleaned using CG Barebones

Well what a mammoth task this one seemed to be and I have to say I was absolutely shattered. I haven't achieve perfection which I was striving for and there are still quite a few scratches either those created by the company with the decals or just from the life it's had, however it is a vast improvement on what it was. So here are the end results......

Outside shots...

And after all that I thought I'd then get her wet

I bet your worn out from reading after all that

From the O' Great Juicy One

Comment

great job!!
      looks awesome

im debating whether or not to have mine done

where are you based?

corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Looking good

Herc you need battering to let it get in that state

Nice to see a cleverage shot also

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
          great job!!
          looks awesome

im debating whether or not to have mine done

where are you based?
          I am based in County Durham, about 20 minutes outside Newcastle
          DH9 9UU

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
          Looking good

Herc you need battering to let it get in that state

Nice to see a cleverage shot also
          I think if we are honest Dan that most people do not realise that their cars are in such a state (including Ian), you know as well as I how much scratches and swirls the torch and the lights show up. Black is particularly quite a hard colour to see any issues on unless the lights are on it....you look at it and you'd think it was fine.

Comment

No i think your fine

Id love to get my buffer out on you

I am not 100% sure in the hardness of the paint on the Astra to the recent BMW we did but i have been told BMW paint is double HARD compared to VX paint.

I would assume the TT is the same but thats a different car being white and it probably been looked after since day 1 so wont ever really generate swirls

Comment

Great job there Jen, speak soon

John

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphvxr View Post
                No i think your fine

Id love to get my buffer out on you

I am not 100% sure in the hardness of the paint on the Astra to the recent BMW we did but i have been told BMW paint is double HARD compared to VX paint.

I would assume the TT is the same but thats a different car being white and it probably been looked after since day 1 so wont ever really generate swirls
                ooo arent you being a naughty boy today. If only Mrs RalphVXR knew what your saying

Audi/BMW both hard paint and nothing compared to VX.....we all had a chuckle in the office regarding your comment on the TT as Andrew's care skills are not the best no matter how many times I tell him.....the paintwork needs a spruce up but I just haven't got the time at the moment

Comment

Dont look like its just me who needs a

Comment

Looking really nice Jen, some good results.
                    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Thats Stunning Jen what a Job!!

Stunning finish on er!

Comment

Nice job Jen. Need to do some video's
                        sigpic

Comment

very nice jen,ide like to get my vrs done one day,maybe ill let you loose on it.but for the time been i cannot stop driving it so for the time been it will have to wait,keep up the good work and say hello to andrew for me

hoggy

Comment

very cool jen, nice work

Comment

Lovely correction there Jen and liking the Heavenly leather gear
                              Bmw is a different kettle of fish to vx paintwork as is Audi but each car is done on its own merits , you just change your plan of action and product procedure and plan a little extra time in for good measure.
                              HeavenlyDetail
                              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X