Redline every gear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nazams View Post
      Redline every gear lol

Haha

Comment

Have to us it on long motorway drives as my leg aches constantely holding the car at 70.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
          I love cruise control but there's always some **** who makes you brake,
          It never fails to amaze me the amount people speed up and slow down when they are on manual throttle - When im in the Meriva on a 'family' trip the Cruise goes on at 80mph and i sit in lane one, reading well ahead so that i need not touch brake/throttle at all, even when coming up to slower moving people.

you will ALWAYS get at least one t*at who will pull out from behind you, take an AGE to overtake, causing you to have to brake because wally by the side of you has taken so long to overtake your now coming up on someone in your lane.

Twassock finally gets past you, slips in front of the person you had to slow down for then slows down himself. you then sail past them, still doing your constant 80mph.

URRGHHHHHHH!!!

sorry.. i feel better now

Cruise control = MPG & SPECS camera winners!
          TheSaint™

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
            Comes in handy through average speed camaras
            +3
            Power Red VXR - Matt Black Alloys with Matt Carbon Sides, Grill, Rear Diff & Spolier

Comment

What's better for fuel consumption?

Best trick for better mpg - let the missus drive
              TheSaint™

sigpic

Comment

I thought mpg was lost through acceleration.. Cruise control works with engine speed so there is no 'real' acceleration, just the engine adjusting to the resistance (hills etc) I agree, ya can't get caught speeding if ya have it set but I do see how it will help overall mpg.. I don't have cruise control but have to say I have had it before and TOTALLY agree with TheSaint.. Other people ruin its use by poor planing and judgement.

The overtake facility is great if you have it, set ur speed, when you accellerate while on cruise it will let you speed up, when u depress the accelerator the speed will fall to adjust to the 'set' speed
                sigpic

K&N panel, decat, stage2 DNA remap
                332bhp

Comment

lazy crusie control for the win!!!

Comment

Try to decelerate as little as possible, and maintain a constant speed and throttle position as much as possible. makes a big difference.

M.
                    2009 LS3 HSV Clubsport R8 500 BHP/LB FT
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                    3" X-Force exhaust, race cats & headers
                    BC coilovers & BMR chasis braces, Billet Quickshift
                    All Pedders poly bushes, strut brace & F/R ARBs

Comment

Buy a diesel

Arden Corsa K&N Filter Remus exhaust MTech Led Side Lights MTech Headlights Boost Gage Forge Strut BlueFin EBC Red Stuff Pads

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post
                        I find that I can drive more economically that the cruise control, as I can see how big the hills are ahead, and dont mind losing a few mph on the way up, only to pick them up again on the way back down, the car cannot obviously see how much of a climb is ahead. The downside to driving very economically is, its bloody tiring, and requires an amazing amount of concentration. For the miles I do, I just take the hit, and keep myself amused!
                        +1 !!!!!!!!!

Comment

can you fit cruise control ?? to a 57 reg astra vxr ?
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...12238-Burg-327

Comment

Originally posted by Jackaruss View Post
                            can you fit cruise control ?? to a 57 reg astra vxr ?
                            Yep, about £28 for the stalk then get someone with tech 2 to enable it, the dealer did my 06 vxr for £80 iirc

Comment

If i didnt have the instant reaction of pushing the 'sport' button stright after pushing the 'start' button mine wouldnt be at 28.3mpg
                              Black Corsa VXR - Proud Member of the VXR Group
                              Ex-BBC Member...
                              HARD. TG#34

Comment

Just done 2 x 310 mile round trips; one using cruise, the other only using cruise in the average speed limits on the M5. With cruise I averaged £28.5mpg and without I avaraged 35.8 mpg!! Will only ever use it in speed limits in future!

Comment

Working...
                                X