X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good if you got a long journey

Comment

I drive from 20 miles north of Inverness to Leeds once every few months. When the roads are clear I use cruise control. If its busy then what's the point? People can't maintain a steady enough speed using the throttle and you just end up hitting the brakes loads. If you're trying to be economical drive according to the road you're on, use cruise control if you can and avoid planting the foot! I can't help myself personally. Get too carried away/bored and end up giving it hell for leather haha

Comment

Good for driving home early in the morning after working all night

Comment

Just done a 300 mile round trip this weekend to whitby and avaraged 37mpg (GTC VXR)

One good tip I have found, if you can manage it, is to use the quieter B roads as much as you can to get to your destination avoiding nasty snarl ups and only using the main routes if you have to, ok it may be longer/slower but you're constantly driving and not sat in jams and its deffinately more fun which is why we buy cars like these.

I ride a motorbike a lot and these type of roads are our favourite for getting there and enjoying the road.

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
            Comes in handy through average speed camaras
            Massively. It's great for average speed zones

Sent from my iPhone while I'm probably supposed to be working!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR.Dan View Post
              I love cruise control but there's always some **** who makes you brake,

+1
              sigpic Brimfull's Vauxhall History, Cavalier Sri 8v, 2x Calibra 16v, Omega V6, Vectra B Gsi, 2x Vectra C Sri 2.2, Vectra C Sri Cdti 150, Meriva Design, Astra Ls, Vectra Vxr

Comment

Love it, handy on a long journey! And yes it helps the mpg
                [] Black Astra VXR []
                [] Ecu Remapping & Dpf Removal North Wales []
                [] Pro Remaps Located In Denbigh North Wales []
                [] www.Pro-remaps.co.uk []

Comment

I use cruise control on dual carriageways and motorways a lot, where I live there's always cops and mobile speed units hiding everywhere. Not worth the risk for me

Comment

Well worth using on motorways

Comment

I've always found that I can drive more economically without cruise control on. You can judge the road ahead and adapt where necessary.

Comment

Sorry, not sure how to show (automatically) what this is referring to, but it was an earlier reply that said for better MPG... "let the missus drive!'

One week into VXR Insignia Supersport ownership and... 'Ding Dong' you're not wrong!

Me: 23.4. She: 32.6! I need some lessons!
                        Last edited by ABBA-VXR; 13 September 2014, 10:28 PM. Reason: technical novice! and typo

Comment

Faster you go the better the mpg ;-)

Comment

I would not let the misses drive my vxr lol

Comment

Originally posted by stu85 View Post
                              I would not let the misses drive my vxr lol
                              ive let mine drive my vxr once and she drove it like a granny so never again
                              Astra J VXR Arden Blue

Instagram - @JODYVXR38

Comment

I find the cruise control does help the MPG number increase! But it can be a massively boring drive trying to be sensible with the fuel consumption!

Comment

Working...
                                X