This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident in the daily run around

So there I was, driving down the A30 the car in front broke hard out of the blue, I stopped in plenty of time, the car behind didn't :'( I only just had a car drive into the side of me, and that damage hasn't even been fixed yet! I haven't even owned the car 2 months yet!

so my driving tip is pay attention to the cars in front of you!

No work for me today neck and back kill me

Last edited by Peteshood; 11 January 2013, 11:39 AM.

Not good mate, some people should just have there licence revoked and never given back!
    Black Corsa VXR - Proud Member of the VXR Group
    Ex-BBC Member...
    HARD. TG#34

Comment

Nasty! Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have whiplash. Go and see your doctor to confirm, and contact your insurance company ASAP. Last time I had whiplash from a tailender I got £4500 payback from the third party's insurance.

Comment

I had the same thing on the a14 last year. Sure the guy behind that hit me was on the phone -.-

Comment

sorry to hear

lol I am almost as p*ssed off as you are... a couple of weeks ago a lady tried to park behind me, she came too close and damaged(by that I mean dented and scraped off all the paint off) my rear passenger side and she just drove off!! I managed to get her registration and reported it to the police and I received a letter yesterday saying they weren't going to do anything about it as it wasn't a big enough offence. only had the car 3 months and I've no money to repair that for now...

Comment

At least they will be paying for a shiny new bumper
            VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi-Annx View Post
              lol I am almost as p*ssed off as you are... a couple of weeks ago a lady tried to park behind me, she came too close and damaged(by that I mean dented and scraped off all the paint off) my rear passenger side and she just drove off!! I managed to get her registration and reported it to the police and I received a letter yesterday saying they weren't going to do anything about it as it wasn't a big enough offence. only had the car 3 months and I've no money to repair that for now...
              What?! She drove off therefore leaving the scene of an accident, sounds like you were fobbed off tbh, hopefully they past you her insurance details to make a claim.
              Are you enough?

Northamptonshire owners CLICK HERE

Comment

sad to say but to drive defensively on the road, you need to leave a lot more room in front of you. If you need to slam on hard and your gap is big enough you can ease off to give the person behind more room if they are too close. I drove with a 2 second gap in front of me for the last 28years and had a few near misses. Did a defensive driving course a while back. Now leave a 4 second gap if the pr1ck behind is too close. You can stop and give the person behind the room they need if they make a mistake, makes driving a lot more stress free and you get there in the same time. Really worked on my front gap and it has made the world of difference
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                  sad to say but to drive defensively on the road, you need to leave a lot more room in front of you. If you need to slam on hard and your gap is big enough you can ease off to give the person behind more room if they are too close. I drove with a 2 second gap in front of me for the last 28years and had a few near misses. Did a defensive driving course a while back. Now leave a 4 second gap if the pr1ck behind is too close. You can stop and give the person behind the room they need if they make a mistake, makes driving a lot more stress free and you get there in the same time. Really worked on my front gap and it has made the world of difference
                  Problem I find with leaving a bigger gap in front is that idiots see the space as an invite to get into that space

Comment

+1 you try leaving a 4 second gap on the A13 .might work on an empty motor way
                    sigpic

Comment

Ouch!!! Sad to hear that buddy! Least the damage isnt as bad as it could have been to urself or the car
                      VXR #1 gone
                      VXR #2 gone

Comment

I would say about .5 second gap in the m25 is the norm!

sent from another galaxy!!

Comment

I drive the M25 almost every day at rush hour and before the course I did I thought that you would lose the gap straight away. It is only the numpties that steal your gap, most people leave it alone so you might lose maYBE 5 or 6 places each junction, that equates to getting to your destination a few seconds later

Back to the Op, back luck late sure it will get sorted in the end, thats why we pay for insurance
                          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
                            Problem I find with leaving a bigger gap in front is that idiots see the space as an invite to get into that space
                            Copy that, I was coming off the A27 and some tool in an oil burning RX8 decides that the 100 meters that is depleting before I make my turn on the roundabout, is good enough for him to make a move and brake in front of me......regardless of the fact that I've got my 6 Mnth old daughter in the back....as I said, tool.
                            sigpic Power Red Astra J

Gone but not forgotton - Power Red Zafira

Comment

Yea it's I hate that I like to think I drive carefully most of the time and unlike lots of people I do like to consider stopping distances! But like you say, soon as I leave a gap infront of me that I think is a safe distance soon knob decides that he can fit in the gap!

Comment

Working...
                              X