This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remus pops losing me power

Might seem like a stupid question but i thought i'd ask anyway to be sure. I am running a fantastic remus system on my astra, when i'm driving normally i'll get the standard pops and bangs. When i give it a bit of welly off the line climbing the rpms ill get a burst of a few pops, each pop results in a dip in acceleration.

Is this down to a heavy foot and not a smooth acceleration or something else?

Cheers
    Remus poppin' red Astra.

Is it popping whilst you have your foot to the floor? You should only really get pops when you lift off or change gear.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewt23 View Post
      Is it popping whilst you have your foot to the floor? You should only really get pops when you lift off or change gear.
      Yes i get pops as im accelerating, even without my foot flat on the floor. any idea what could be wrong/ causing this?
      Remus poppin' red Astra.

Comment

I had this and the car was over boosting. Actuator had seized

Comment

My mate had this same problem on his vxr. I no this is crazy but a cdti airbox conversion sorted it

Comment

Why would a cdti air box make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Domobaby View Post
              I had this and the car was over boosting. Actuator had seized
              Sounds a bit like mine. God damn vx

Comment

usually this happens when the coil/plugs are going, stick a new set of plugs in tehre and see how it goes.
                If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
                Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Comment

air flow meter or coilpack I had this problem on my z20let it turned out to be my rocker cover gasket leaking oil into the spark plugs messing up the spark took it to a few garages and they couldn't find the problem even Vauxhall charged me £90 to tell me it was the lamba sensor and it was when I changed the plugs I discovered the problem myself I would say check 4 oil first if not see if u can borrow a coilpack of a mate or somet

Comment

and whip the plugs out and have a look at them aswell they can cause the same problem its best if u got a pal with the same motor that way u aint payin to eliminate the problem u can just keep swaping bits till u find the causealso have a look if it throws up any fault codes that could point u in the right direction

Comment

by the way cts-92 your mate might have solved it with the cdti airbox change cuz he might have had a loose connection on the air flow meter to start with or had it on the wrong way round

Comment

MAF sensor/air flow meter will cause this on acceleration, as will dodgy plugs or coil packs on way out. If a car overboosts its usually like the car shutting down instantly if thats the way a vxr ecu works. Like a fuel cut, instant decel. You'll know if its boost cut. Sounds more like you just need to possibly try a new set of plugs first. Always remember to try the cheapest options first and work up. Ive seen so many people start throwing money at a simple problem.

Good luck solving it.
                        "I intend to slide sideways through the Pearly Gates, turbo at full boost, and screaming, Man, what a ride!"

Comment

Working...
                        X