This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to change?

What rpm should I change at when going for it? Any help would be helpfull. Never owned a turbo before.

Cheers Kyle & emma

just before she bounces on the limiter mate
    sigpic

Comment

once run in of course....then yee i agree

Comment

when pushing it i`de say no higher than 5600 RPM`s until you get a feel for it , then once you get a fell for it you`ll know where the limiter is without hitting it . hope that made sense .

ALLWAYS make sure the car is FULLY warmed up 1st before giving it a bit and same for cooling down . lay off the gas for the last few miles of the trip before stopping .

look after the car and it`ll look after you

Comment

personally for commuting i'll change at just under 3k, but for clean economy, weekends get 5500 but never limiter to look after her, and as agreed always cooling and warming up until coolant etc at average nums

Comment

There's no point in hitting the redline, as the Torque and performance will have already dropped right out. Having seen the rolling road graphs from Bluefinned vectra VXR's it's clear the shift point is actually somewhere between 5000 and 5500 rpm.

It was the same in the Impreza STI I had - rdline was 9000rpm but the shift light in mine was set to 6200 rpm because anything after that and the Torque was just tailing off too quickly.

Comment

as above, change gear according to how the car feels.

whenever i drive, i usually short shift to keep economy

Comment

if your going to give it then just flat out.

Comment

Its good to feel the torque pulling the car so around 5600-5800RPM is good for that. But outright pace .... around 200-400RPM away from the limiter

James

sigpic
                  MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

i am mapped and i feel 2 change when jus gettin in2 the red is good for me....when just driving slowing i try not go over 2k revs
                    sigpic
                    Progress Thread
                    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                    WANTED:
                    SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

bump.
                      What about one running a hybrid?
                      5500ish...or closer to the redline?

Comment

depends how deep you pocket is

What i normally do when i'm low in funds is : change before 2k.

when funds becomes available, then obviously it is fun times
                        Just Performance
                        Website | Facebook | Twitter | Live Chat

sigpic

Comment

i was reading sum maps the other day and i think stage 2 the power starts 2 drop about 6 thou RPM so my guessing is, prob be good 2 change then (if stage2 of course)
                          sigpic
                          Progress Thread
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                          WANTED:
                          SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

When a feel tired and don't want speed, i'm going in vegetable style - shifting in 3500rpm, thats keeping quiet atmosphere in car and comfortable driving.
                            When am going to burn some tyre, push pedal to the metal or just some fast driving, shifting are around 5500rpm.
                            But remember to hold tight your steering wheel when shifting

My record was 8.5litres/100km in normal driving, and 18 in super-crazy
                            Corsa OPC in Sunny Melon from Russia
                            Forged, Billstein B12, Irmscher R19

Comment

Theres no point in hitting the limiter in a turbo car as thats the point of a turbo. A NA car needs to have it's **** reved off as they dont produce much power/torque until late on in the rev range. It's the same as you dont see many turbo cars running throttle bodies and very few running wild cams as its just not nescessary in a turbo car as its already forcing air in.
                              Saying that my mate has a 650bhp Celica GT4 and that revs to 10,000rpm and sounds amazing lol

ASTRA MK4
                              build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...46#post2094646

Comment

Working...
                              X