This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Colour Scheme...

Being an old(er) git, my eyesight is not as good as it used to be and I have trouble reading the red on grey.
    Is the Red/Grey on this board set in stone.... I've tried changing the Board Style in my profile but it doesn't seem to change anything

Sorry to hear you are having problems reading.
    At some stage, we willook at giving some other colour combinations, which will be selectable from individual profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRKev
      Sorry to hear you are having problems reading.
      At some stage, we willook at giving some other colour combinations, which will be selectable from individual profiles.
      Cheers mate...

Comment

I am a member of a few forums, and this is my favourite colour scheme, the dark background is easy on the eye, though sometimes when people post in red it is a bit of a strain ....

Comment

Well, I was going to reply that you could override the styling within your browser but you can't. This is due to the poor way in which the software has been written by phpBB!! Being a software developer myself, I should know!
          I think I can still help though so until the forum themes have been sorted you may like to try this.
          The result is this:

The red coloured links cannot be overridden due to the poor coding. However, it is possible to set a background so I have set it to yellow!
          I am assuming you are using Windows and Internet Explorer here.
          Load Notepad and paste in the following:
          Code:
          a.nav, a.forumlink, span.gensmall a, a.postlink
          {
          background: yellow;
          }
          td.row1	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
          td.row2	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
          td.row3	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
          Save it as vxronline.css to your hard disk somewhere.
          Now in Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options. Then select the Accessibility button. Select the 'Format documents using my style sheet' checkbox and then use the browse button to select the vxronline.css file that you saved to your hard disk. Click OK twice. Now if you close Internet Explorer and reload it, you should find VXROnline a little easier on the eye.
          If that new background colour is not to your liking, just create a 1x1 pixel image and fill it will the colour of your choice. Put it on Imageshack as I have and then change the links in the vxronline.css file.
          Hope that helps. If you need any more info then feel free to PM me or on this thread.
          Ian

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
            Well, I was going to reply that you could override the styling within your browser but you can't. This is due to the poor way in which the software has been written by phpBB!! Being a software developer myself, I should know!
            I think I can still help though so until the forum themes have been sorted you may like to try this.
            The result is this:

The red coloured links cannot be overridden due to the poor coding. However, it is possible to set a background so I have set it to yellow!
            I am assuming you are using Windows and Internet Explorer here.
            Load Notepad and paste in the following:
            Code:
            a.nav, a.forumlink, span.gensmall a, a.postlink
            {
            background: yellow;
            }
            td.row1	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
            td.row2	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
            td.row3	{ background: url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7577/background6pe.jpg);}
            Save it as vxronline.css to your hard disk somewhere.
            Now in Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options. Then select the Accessibility button. Select the 'Format documents using my style sheet' checkbox and then use the browse button to select the vxronline.css file that you saved to your hard disk. Click OK twice. Now if you close Internet Explorer and reload it, you should find VXROnline a little easier on the eye.
            If that new background colour is not to your liking, just create a 1x1 pixel image and fill it will the colour of your choice. Put it on Imageshack as I have and then change the links in the vxronline.css file.
            Hope that helps. If you need any more info then feel free to PM me or on this thread.
            Ian
            Dont get me started on poor coding.... let's just say I am now an Ex-Developer who's job was outsourced and they can't programme for toffee..
            Thanks for the tip... makes it a little bit to larey though...

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
              Dont get me started on poor coding.... let's just say I am now an Ex-Developer who's job was outsourced and they can't programme for toffee..
              Cool! About being a developer not being outsourced! That does seem to be happening more nowadays. I haven't heard of it happening lately though. I work for a smaller company (~700 employees) so hopefully we're safe...for now! :?
              At least it was more readable???! Colour isn't my strong point...I have a form of colour blindness so although it looked kinda alright to me it doesn't to others!
              It a pity phpBB have put the styling inline as it prevents the styles being overridden. However, it would be nice if Internet Explorer actually ignored those styles in preference of the user's style sheet but hey ho!

Comment

This is good guys and hopefully work well for some of the folks. I have to say when posts are written in blue I do find it difficult to read myself. Generally I do like the board overall.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  Cool! About being a developer not being outsourced! That does seem to be happening more nowadays. I haven't heard of it happening lately though. I work for a smaller company (~700 employees) so hopefully we're safe...for now! :?
                  I at least had the option to move up the "food chain"... I'm now a systems architect... for the same company... but that's where things start to annoy me because I have to do code walk-throughs... Its all very well them being 1/3 the price, but they have to do the work 4x before they get ot right and takes 10x as long - Cost Savings.. my ar5e
                  Damn... you've got me started now!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X